NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sixers have his draft rights, he is probably going to join Philly for next season.

Yes, I would think LeBron-Simmons-Embiid with some other pieces can compete with Boston.

I don't see what better situation there is for LeBron other than Golden State or Boston, neither of whom he would join anyway (unless the latter dumps Kyrie). Houston is even less of a fit in terms of playing style.
Houston? Their entire offense is based around setting up an iso now. They could have Harden and LeBron have one on one contests all night while Chris Paul rests his salty old ass body.

Get Melo to opt out and sign Wade and Houston can recreate the banana boat.

Who LeBron doesn't fit with are post players who can't legitimately step out to the three point line - which is Philly's problem in this equation.

We know Boston's issue.

Golden State is just silly.

So yea, Cleveland Houston or the Lakers. I'd probably bet the Lakers, but one can never truly rule out a man from Akron who grew up rooting for the Cowboys and Yankees signing with the reigning 1 seed.

Last edited:
Hearing LeBron has actually signed a five-year-deal with Melbourne United in the NBL, who've upstaged Sydney Kings' signing of Bogut. Really concerning signs for the NBA that they could lose such a big player to Australia's major leagues.

2ihth5c.gif

I’d hold onto that thing if I was the Sixers. They might well get an impact player out of that right at a point when they need/can’t afford one to make them title contenders with a past-prime Golden State and a retiring generation of superstars.

The Sixers have the cap space to get one more star now. They won't by the time Simmons needs a new deal. They're not really in a position to wait three years.

Fultz, meanwhile, is taking the Drew Hanlen course this summer, and Hanlen just said he thinks Fultz is going to fully restore his shot and "make [him] very famous" for it. Confirmed that the issue was just the yips. Means nothing till we actually see him but that's encouraging, at least.

The Sixers have the cap space to get one more star now. They won't by the time Simmons needs a new deal. They're not really in a position to wait three years.

So sign one more star now. This ain’t hockey or baseball. Free agency is an opportunity.

You’re making my point exactly. When Simmons needs his deal and the team needs an impact player to put them over the top, they’ll have access to that via the draft when the Heat are a cellar dweller team.

The 76ers are already a team ready to compete for the ECC. There isn’t much they can do between now and 2021 that is going to convincingly make them look like they can run the house against Golden State. You guys are better keeping your youth and making your future look impenetrable.

Very few franchises are given such a luxury. To have assets for now and for the future.

Fultz, meanwhile, is taking the Drew Hanlen course this summer, and Hanlen just said he thinks Fultz is going to fully restore his shot and "make [him] very famous" for it. Confirmed that the issue was just the yips. Means nothing till we actually see him but that's encouraging, at least.

What exactly is wrong with Fultz anyway? I don't think I ever heard it articulated in any article I read. Like he came in the league and then all of a sudden his shooting form was all messed up?

What exactly is wrong with Fultz anyway? I don't think I ever heard it articulated in any article I read. Like he came in the league and then all of a sudden his shooting form was all messed up?
Somebody tried to fix something that probably didn't need fixing, and fucked him all up.

I've seen it happen before... guys start to overthink everything, over exaggerate certain parts of the shooting motion, and next thing you know your silky smooth jumper looks like absolute garbage.

If anyone can fix it it's Drew Hanlen. If he can't fix it? Shit's broke.

Not so fast my friend...

Honestly this is what the internet was made for.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EDG50

Private jet leaves Cleveland for Miami, where LeBron still owns a house on June 21.

Leaves a few days later for Anguilla where LeBron went on vacation. (Excellent choice, LeBron... I highly approve)

Yesterday that same private jet left Anguilla for Los Angeles.

INTRIGUE!

Last edited:
ESPN's collective heart must be broken. How long until they start chattering about Klay Thompson or some shit coming there next year.

I think people behind the scenes are still trying to make LBJ+Kawhi happen. I can't see LBJ going back to Cleveland. That team is done.

I have yet to hear an even remotely cogent argument as to why SA would trade Kawhi to the Lakers. Spurs should hold him for now and hope the relationship mends or trade him at the deadline as semi-contenders get desperate. I watched how incredibly shit it turned out to blindly capitulate to a trade demand with the Kyrie situation, and I don't see the Spurs making a mistake like that.

Not that anyone cares but my prediction is LeBron signs another 1-and-1 with Cleveland and then re-looks at the landscape after next year.

I heard some speculation today about the Lakers landing 2 big FA fish....LeBron and Boogie Cousins.
That would be just delicious.

Welp, I guess I'm not a Laker fan anymore.

I don't really like basketball much anyway, so this makes it easier to never watch any of it again.

Good for Lebron that he's moving to LA, but he still won't get past the Warriors.

To this egotistical defense, he now put his legacy where his mouth is my joining the west. His streak is now at real threat of being snapped, and at the hands of this archenemies.

I've never liked LeBron.

I think it's a sad move by the Lakers to take someone who's a longtime face of another franchise and make him their star player. At least when they got Shaq, he had only been with the Magic for four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom