NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much confirmed now. Sixers Twitter has found the email and phone number associated with the burners, and they belong to Colangelo's wife.

giphy.gif

Goddamn that was bad. Once Smith started dribbling away from the rim Lue should have called a timeout though. They had one left.

This is heartbreaking. He takes a shot and it goes in and they're 1-0 up in a series everyone had them as rank outsiders. Now they're out of puff :sad::sad::sad::sad:

LeBron played incredible.

It was bullshit they overturned that charging call. They shoulda won in regulation.

Second consecutive game in which GSW gets a super friendly whistle. It’s not like they need any help.

There are moments where I hope Lebron goes to Houston just so they can stomp Draymond Green out of the playoffs.

Hahaha JR is trying to say he knew they were tied! Come on, man. Just admit you fucked up. The entire sporting world knows you fucked up. People make mistakes.

Hahaha JR is trying to say he knew they were tied! Come on, man. Just admit you fucked up. The entire sporting world knows you fucked up. People make mistakes.

You can see him mouthing to Lebron in replays "I thought we were up"
And Lue said he told him he thought they were ahead.

He'll never live it down and lying about isn't helping.

LeBron played incredible.

It was bullshit they overturned that charging call. They shoulda won in regulation.
It was a block. He's clearly moving when Durant hit him.

Whether they should have gone to the replay or not is another question. It's a gray area for sure, and it's easy to say "oh he was 3 feet out of the restricted area" in slow motion but perhaps not as easy at full speed with the game on the line.

Regardless, I'm sure the competition committee will add block/charges to reviewable plays in the final 2 minutes regardless of location before next season.

Peef tells me he's going to the Sixers.
No, I still think he ends up returning to Cleveland. But no one knows for sure.
It was a block. He's clearly moving when Durant hit him.

Whether they should have gone to the replay or not is another question. It's a gray area for sure, and it's easy to say "oh he was 3 feet out of the restricted area" in slow motion but perhaps not as easy at full speed with the game on the line.

Regardless, I'm sure the competition committee will add block/charges to reviewable plays in the final 2 minutes regardless of location before next season.
Yeah, my issue was less with the actual call (though I think it's grayer than you indicate here), rather with them pretending it's a restricted area review just so they have the opportunity to loophole their way into checking Ken Mauer's handiwork.

Tony Brothers also should not get another game after needlessly inciting that altercation by running Tristan Thompson with 3 seconds left. Everything that happened there was the result of his hot headedness.

No, I still think he ends up returning to Cleveland. But no one knows for sure.

Yeah, my issue was less with the actual call (though I think it's grayer than you indicate here), rather with them pretending it's a restricted area review just so they have the opportunity to loophole their way into checking Ken Mauer's handiwork.

Tony Brothers also should not get another game after needlessly inciting that altercation by running Tristan Thompson with 3 seconds left. Everything that happened there was the result of his hot headedness.

ehhh... at full speed it's near impossible to tell for sure but kinda looks like a charge, in slow motion his hips are clearly still moving into his path when contact is made, and his feet aren't even set when KD starts his shooting motion. his back heel was on the restricted area when KD picked up his dribble, and was about a shoe's length in front of it when contact was made. there was also clear indecision on the call right away, so it's not as if they made a clear no question call on the floor and then reversed it. even mike breen said in the moment "they have to review it 'cause it's in the restricted area". it wasn't - but at full speed it's much harder to figure that out than people are suggesting.

it's also laughable how so many people (generally speaking - not in here) are up and arms that somehow the NBA would be favoring the Warriors in this situation - like, shut up. if they were going to rig it, which they aren't, why on earth would they make the call in favor of the heavily favored home team? it's as if people forgot that one of the games the cavs won in round one was hugely benefited by a last second no call on a clear as day goaltend by lebron. blown calls happen. not everything is some sinister plot.

regardless - block / charges are always calls that could go either way so i don't know how this isn't a reviewable call under any circumstances, restricted area or not.

Tony Brothers is also going to get a nice big fine from the league office for having a clearly visible under armour logo popping out the back of his shirt... alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom