NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. That team on the left has LeBron James. Given the last decade I think betting on an injured Celtics team versus a solo LeBron team is a bit against the grain. LeBron has proven that he can get to the finals with any team and any supporting cast. What makes this year any different? What makes the Celtics any different from teams he’s faced in the past?

I don't disagree that the Cavs suck. I just wish everyone would have said the Cavs suck back before this series instead of almost unanimously picking the Cavs.

View attachment 11972

They've gone to game 7 in the conference finals man... I'm under no illusions that they don't get anywhere near that without Lebron, but it doesn't seem ridiculous to me to have a bunch of people tip the Cavs when they may very well win today.

I will be putting it on at work!!

I am not sure how anyone who likes basketball could not enjoy watching Lebron James.

Dude is one of the best passers I’ve ever seen.

That’s the thing. I don’t even buy the whole “his brand of basketball is boring”. It’s not. It’s a fucking delight to see.

It's a weird feeling in that I'm happy at the Cavs win, but the onslaught awaiting them in the finals makes the whole thing pretty damn ominous.

Well that should shut up all the stupid sports talk radio callers that have been saying over the past month that the Celtics should trade Kyrie Irving cause we don't need him because we have Terry Rozier. That performance was downright Starks-esque,

Wow. I don't see any remote chance Cavs can keep up with Houston. LeBron will have to go for 60 a night.

That’s the thing. I don’t even buy the whole “his brand of basketball is boring”. It’s not. It’s a fucking delight to see.
I don't deny his greatness, even though I think he actually could be better, which is frightening as he's inarguably top 3 all time, if not top 2.

That game was a tense game and a close game, but a game where neither team cracks 90 in this day and age, when every single rule is purposefully slanted towards the offense, is ugly as sin. Sorry. Entertaining? Sure. Delightful?

I don't see what's delightful a watching two teams shoot a combined 16-74 from three.

Great defensive effort by the Cavs, and LeBron is a phenomenal individual talent who does amazing things on the floor that nobody in the history of the game can do. I'd be a dope to deny his overwhelming physical dominance. He imposed his will on this game.

It was still ugly as hell.

Last edited:
I don't deny his greatness, even though I think he actually could be better, which is frightening as he's inarguably top 3 all time, if not top 2.

That game was a tense game and a close game, but a game where neither team cracks 90 in this day and age, when every single rule is purposefully slanted towards the offense, is ugly as sin. Sorry. Entertaining? Sure. Delightful?

I don't see what's delightful a watching two teams shoot a combined 16-74 from three.

Great defensive effort by the Cavs, and LeBron is a phenomenal individual talent who does amazing things on the floor that nobody in the history of the game can do. I'd be a dope to deny his overwhelming physical dominance. He imposed his will on this game.

It was still ugly as hell.

Well if you are using this one game as the way to describe his career, I can’t argue with you. I’m talking about his overall work. He’s led some of the most dominant offenses of the last decade. He’s one of the best passing players most of us have ever seen. Saying he’s physically dominant undersells him. Lebron is the smartest player I have seen. Watching him read a defense, explore matchups and more often than not find a teammate open for a 3 is a pure delight.

Last edited:
He’s led some of the most dominant offenses of the last decade.

This is statistically not true. He's been on a team that led the league in offensive efficiency once, in Miami.

As for the rest of your post? Again, I don't doubt his singular individual ability and sheer physical dominance. It's a hard argument, I know - but he could be better if he'd allow himself to buy into a system that featured more movement.

I'm not going to stay here and labor the point. I tip my hat to him. 8 straight finals is an amazing accomplishment.

Harden getting punished for a lifetime of generous refereeing in one game.

Is there an analytic out there for fast break points scored off ill-advised bullshit three attempts? Because Houston should really look into that.

i only really care about basketball when the raptors are in the playoffs but isn't seeing this same matchup (more or less) brutal for nba fans? i get annoyed when the same team is in the stanley cup finals or super bowl 2 out of 3 years. i like seeing new teams get a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom