NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The players' reaction said it all I guess. You would have to be pretty damn heartless not to feel for Hayward right now.

holy shit. i just saw a replay of that. my dad had a very similar injury playing hockey when he went feet first into the boards after getting tripped at full speed. also had a kevin ware flashback as well :huh:

How about how good Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum looked? If there's any positives for the Celtics to take away from that absolutely horrifying injury, it will be that Tatum and Brown will be called upon earlier than expected to carry a heavy load. They certainly looked capable last night.

Last edited:
There were definitely some positives in the 2nd half of the game.
Brown looks like he could be a budding All Star. He'll need to be with Hayward out.
The season is not washed out for the Celts, they should still be near the top of the east. Hopes of reaching the finals are tremendously dimmed however.

Go Nets.

It's not washed out in the sense of the team being a playoff team and competing for the division... but it's washed out in terms of the team competing to be the Warriors' sacrificial lambs.

Buuuut... if that means that Brown and Tatum make the leap quicker, and GH comes back at full strength, it may be a blessing in disguise.

I mean, I figured the ceiling this season was winning the ECF and losing in the finals.
On Monday I'd have put that as about a 50% possibility.
Today I'd put it as about a 20% possibility, so the season isn't completely shot, but obviously expectations are lower.
But as you say, it may help hasten the development of Brown & Tatum.

Just hoping that Hayward can recover 100%, nobody else gets seriously injured, the Lakers land the #2 pick in next year's draft and the Nets squeak in as the 8 seed in the east. :wink:

Eh,

I figure odds of LeBron breaking down and suffering a serious injury are at 15-20% at his age, so that's why I say 20.
Wade and Rose will be out by April for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom