NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavs have a chance to set themselves up nicely for next offseason and not be left screwed a second time by LeBron when he bolts to go play with his friends again. They're not beating Golden State and have little room for improvement... they should use this trade to reshape the roster with young players and draft picks.

If that claim about Irving making the request before the draft is true it means Gilbert is among the least competent owners in sports.

Yea as usual Woj hits it out of the park - the irony is thick in this one; Kyrie pulling a LeBron-esque power play which ends up screwing over LeBron before LeBron can screw over Kyrie.

They should focus on getting younger and faster with the Kyrie trade - try and package one of those awful contracts (Smith, Thompson) in the deal. And when it's done? Yea... Sit LeBron down and ask if they want to trade him to LA now and try and peal one of those young pieces away before they lose him for nothing next season.

LA is a weird destination. I suppose that's his business if he wants to spend the twilight of his career struggling to get out of the first round of the playoffs.

LA is a weird destination. I suppose that's his business if he wants to spend the twilight of his career struggling to get out of the first round of the playoffs.
I mean... I'm not making the LA rumors up. They've been swirling for a while now. He also owns a house in LA, not that this means he's definitely going there but it doesn't hurt. He wants to set up his post playing career... and it'll be easier for him to try and stack the deck in n LA for a run at the warriros than it will be staying in beautiful Cleveland Ohio.

The rumor has LeBron going to the Lakers or Clippers and forming another super team with Paul George, maybe Melo, blah blah blah.

Yeah the LA rumors are definitely nothing new. There was a story a month or so ago that his kids are enrolled in a school in LA though not going to attend this fall. Lots of folks think LA is his destination in 2018.

If the L.A. rumors are true then I have to believe he'd be a Laker and not a Clipper. Playing under his idol Magic Johnson and next to the most exciting young playmaker in the game, Lonzo Ball.

If the L.A. rumors are true then I have to believe he'd be a Laker and not a Clipper. Playing under his idol Magic Johnson and next to the most exciting young playmaker in the game, Lonzo Ball.
Let's let Ball play a game first, shall we?

Obviously the Lakers are destination number one... but don't discount the deep pockets and Silicon Valley connections of Steve Ballmer.

Wow, this Cavs-Celts deal comes out of nowhere. I can't recall another major trade between basically the two main contenders in a conference.

The Cavs did really well.

What happens if Thomas' hip doesn't heal?
Just today Brad Stevens was saying they hadn't had any contact with him about his status and didn't know if he'd be healthy for camp. No trade backs LeBron.

Last edited:
I think he'll be ok. Pretty sure it was more that Boston didn't want to pay him after next season.

I think it's a good deal for both sides. Irving is the real deal, while the addition of the Brooklyn pick is big for Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom