National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I still can't believe it. Last night was incredible. I'm going to enjoy the ride for as long as I can.

Well played, Boston. Was a great series.

(Except for Milan Lucic. What an absolute disgrace to the sport.)

My perception is based upon a couple of things: being a poster at HFBoards (the NHL interference), knowing a bunch (my hockey pool I referred to earlier), and having been to countless MTL @ FLA games when Habs fans invade.

The last one is pretty telling. I'm by no means some sort of patriot, but there's a specific level of arrogance a large group of people must have to come into a neighboring country and routinely boo their national anthem at roaring volumes.

And I know this is a generalization. Not every single Hab fan does that. But speaking collectively, Toronto is the only thing that comes close and honestly it's never that bad.

I mean, that was sort of inevitable with all the backlash, wasn't it? The blame should lie more with Shero than Bylsma though, they just weren't that great of a team outside of their top guys. Very little depth. They need more nuance in the front office than they had.

I don't know, coming from the perspective that I would be just happy to make the playoffs, this seems pretty excessive if you ask me. But I get the idea that at some point you need to go in a different direction - almost winning it all or coming close year after year is still not enough at the end of the day.

Improbably, a 4th, two 5ths and a 6th seed make up the conference finals. And the Hawks have home ice the rest of the way despite stumbling into the playoffs as a 5th seed.

Based on the way the Kings have been playing, we're going to need it.

Last edited:
nhlbracket14playoffs_zps786c73a6.png

Honestly, I'm most disappointed in Pittsburgh. New York fucking sucks and had no right beating them.

I have game 1 Chicago/LA tix in hand. :)

Put down quite a bit of cash on LA in game 7 last night to hedge cost of awesome tix. Pumped!!

I spent my day moving boxes, so I missed the game today, but I see we took care of business. Winning these early home games is absolutely essential.

Well apparently the Bruins should have had either Lucic or Marchand run into Price in the last series since they were otherwise useless. Rather surprised Therien gave the nod to the kid over Budaj.

In his one period of play, Budaj pretty much asserted he doesn't belong on playoff ice.

That being said, of course, he has a ton more NHL experience.

Well, coming in cold is different from preparing to start, but either way Montreal looks cooked without Price.

But that's what backups are supposed to be able to do.

If I'm the coach and I know my guy isn't ready on his toes at a minutes notice, I definitely consider keeping him benched. That's his job.

Back
Top Bottom