National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first I thought that was deflected in... was gonna say... weak. But then I realized... wow that's a phenomenal placement.

In other news, the Panthers had a pretty exciting game last night in Ottawa. They've been hot lately. I just hope they're serious. Things have been looking up since Dineen was fired. That's hard to believe considering how ugly our defense is, but Dylan Olsen looks to be a steal so far for Versteeg's lazy ass.

ku-xlarge.gif

So, it's almost the new year, but I'd say that, much like the NBA, it's almost certain that the next champion will come from the Western Conference.

I'd peg the Blackhawks as the odds-on Stanley Cup favourite at this point. They're followed by the 3 California teams, led by Los Angeles.

A dark horse might be St. Louis, but that depends on the health of Alex Steen and if they shore up their goaltending.

Lol what? In the NBA? It's certain that both the Heat and the Pacers will not win the NBA championship? C'mon.

Maybe I worded it weird, but my point is that in both leagues the West is much more dominant this year, and it's likely that the champ will come from that conference. Sure, the Heat or Pacers could win, and that may very well happen, but if we're talking about probabilities, I'd say the West is likeliest.

I'm not discounting a team like Pittsburgh or Boston, I just think that this year, the West teams look dominant to this point.

I don't think that makes the West anymore likely. In fact, all it means is that the West might have a better team knocked out early in the playoffs since it's a much deeper conference. Whereas, barring injury, the two best teams in the East will be the Eastern Conference Finals. Miami and Indiana are as good as any team in the West and will have less resistance on their path there.

Barkov has looked good for us but I can't help thinking what Drouin would've looked like in a Cats jersey. Can't complain though. Yet.

Thinking if Drouin though... reminds me a lot of Huberdeau. He's off to a terrible start to the season. On pace to match last years output almost (in twice the amount of games).

Can't believe that Canada left Claude Giroux off the team. Sure, he had a slow start, but he's picked it up considerably since then.

Also, surprised that Marty St. Louis and Brent Seabrook didn't make the team.

Puzzled that Jeff Carter and Rick Nash were chosen ahead of some others.

In the end there's always personal bias in those selections.

Lot of Panther fans and Finns alike scratching their head at a lack of Barkov on that team. Granted he's only on pace for a 40-50 pt season, as of recent he's really kicked in and will likely increase that pace. He's the youngest player in the NHL and leads his team in points. Huge centerman who plays good offense but more importantly can match strong against a guy like Sidney Crosby or other elite centers on the back check.

Should be a shoo-in even for a checking role on team Finland.

Panthers lose both Barkov and Kopecky for most of the remainder of the season.

Not that there was any thought otherwise, but that pretty much signals "shoot for last place." Don't know what they'd draft tbh though. Best player available I suppose.

I'm just excited that my team will be, once again, one of the top teams.

At the NHL draft.

I just hope the last time we can say that is when we are drafting McDavid in Sunrise for Sunrise.

Back
Top Bottom