National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats, Lucky.

In other news, Buffalo could pick at 2 and 5 if, as expected, the Islanders flip the pick to complete the Vanek trade. They could do so in 2015, but that's looking like a very deep draft. Well done, Garth Snow.

The Panthers are gonna have issues with too many centers. Barkov, Bjugstad, Trochek, Pirri, Bennett/Reinhart. That's five top-2 C's, potentially. Though, the expectation is for Pirri and Trochek to learn wing. Needless to say, whoever we draft at #1 will be the third player for two spots. Supposedly Reinhart can play wing though.

Whatever it is, I dearly hope we take BPA and deal with too many centers. Taking Ekblad will be making the same mistake this franchise has made in the past. Taking the drop off in talent because they feel they don't need the guys like Staal or Nash or Lecavalier. BPA, please!!!!

BPA, always. You can always trade pieces away if you have a logjam of quality youth at a position. Never draft for need if there's a better player available.

They're a problem for a different reason though. And I can only really think of one player that's genuinely struggling and that's Yakupov. Edmonton sucks for a variety of reasons.

The only cases where BPA has been notably wrong were with Patrick Stefan and Alexander Daigle. Both of which... the correct choice was still made. You can't fault someone for the unforeseen, but the panthers have been humiliated in the draft numerous times.

Strong overtime ice hockey action here in St. Louis.

I hope they die in this series, but I do really like the Blues' sweaters. Always have. I just like their logo. NHL gear for the most part is just awesome.

Incredible. Blackhawks couldn't even hold the Blues off for 6 more seconds.

This team is a shadow of what it was last year. They seem to be faltering in the very moments they used to really ratchet it up.

Last edited:
Few thoughts on the post-season so far:

-Either the Kings stinks or this is finally the year of the sharks.

-Even if i'm a habs fan,Tampa got robbed last night.That was a good goal.

-Lucic seems to have a thing for sticking his stick in the family jewels region.

-Seabrook deserve his 3 games suspension.

-Nathan Mackinnon is the real thing.

Tampa got shat on by the refs. They absolutely could not buy a call.

I don't necessarily think it's the year of the Sharks... LA just isn't nearly as good a team if you ask me.

I am personally rooting for the Sharks and Blues since they are the only franchises yet to win a cup, I believe... Maybe the Wild as well, now that I think about it...

Every other team I have a mild distaste for (Tampa, Anaheim) all the way down to a seething hatred (Montreal, Boston).

Minnesota doesn't have one (nor did the North Stars), and neither does Columbus. Sharks don't have one. St. Louis is the only team of the four that have had appearances in the Cup finals.

Of course, I'm assuming you're referring to playoff teams only... because if you're referring to everyone there's also Vancouver, Florida, Ottawa, Washington, and I thiiiiiink Buffalo who are all Cup-less.

Back
Top Bottom