National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We get outshot 43-22 and still win again.

I don't watch the Leafs games but if it's a trend the gameplan could very well be "give them a shooting lane from unfavorable spots, we have faith that our goaltender can turn them aside and we can gain possession quickly from rebounds."

I don't watch the Leafs games but if it's a trend the gameplan could very well be "give them a shooting lane from unfavorable spots, we have faith that our goaltender can turn them aside and we can gain possession quickly from rebounds."

Thats the theory, its concerning that they have now been outshot 11 of 14 games so far by quite a large margin. All it takes is our goalies to hit a rough patch or our offense to dry up and this house of cards will collapse.

It's a real team effort, yes. That was the Panthers two years ago when they won the division. It wasn't pretty, and the stretch at the end of the season was particularly ugly when the offense dried up. It worked though, and we took the Eastern Conference champs to 2OT in game 7.

That was also the plan with Vokoun here though. Save one season where we lost a playoff spot due to a tiebreaker, it never really worked. So... mixed feelings.

I'm sure the team that employs Jay Rosehill and is coached by Chief Berube and general managed by Paul Holmgren will be a formula for reeling in a guy like Downie.

In all seriousness, though, Downie is a rental. The bigger win is getting out of the last two years of Talbot's contract when he's a redundant player on this roster.

Wow, the Flyers are brutal. Not quite in the Buffalo Sabres category, but brutal nonetheless.

Emery is a lunatic. Who skates across the ice and assaults a goalie who didn't even want to fight?

And what's Hartnell done this season? Absolutely pathetic stats.

I was about to say a nice bit how Hartnell has always been overrated and is a 20-30 G scorer and then I remembered he put up nearly 40 G not too long ago.

You take Braden Holtby and get back to me in the future, we will see how that turns out. And yeah, even get back to me at the end of the season and assuming this team is not a playoff team and Markstrom/Thomas are healthy, regardless of numbers, I can guarantee you that Markstrom will have played more than Tim Thomas.

Like I said, Markstrom is inconsistent and unreliable.

Back to the AHL...

Tell me what hasn't been complete shit in Florida this season... Thomas is injured and we are watching Dale Tallon about to fuck up. He's trying to salvage a season for no reason. It's apparent that this team is destined for last place again. It's time to clear house and field a team of rookies that are NHL ready. I fear Tallon might try and trade those rookies to salvage a season destined for last.

Point still stands. While hope might be dwindling that Markstrom can ever adjust to this league, he's hands down a better prospect than Brayden Holtby. Holtby actually has a defense in front of him.

It's apparent that this team is destined for last place again.

I think you'll have to try pretty hard to match the sheer awfulness that is Buffalo. I'd be shocked if they finished anywhere but last.

What's the deal with the East this year? Geez it would be nice if they started winning some games against Western teams. The Blues are 11-2-2 and yet tied for the 8th spot in the West, craziness.

It's been that way for years. The west always exhibits better parity and more competitive play (Sans Edmonton).

The East always had the looming Southeastern Division to make it look pathetic.

Just wait until we shed contracts! We are gonna be loaded with picks and nothing else. Infinite cap space.

I think Buffalo will shed too. The Vanek trade was just the beginning. I'd think Ott is a good candidate. What will they do with Miller? Just a godawful team.

Back
Top Bottom