National Hockey League 2013-14 season - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #466
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
The last goal hardly counted, but still.

I never expected to make it this far, during this playoffs, but it SUCKS getting this far and then seeing them get their asses hand to them.

Ah well, maybe the Hawks can pull a reverse Kings.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:56 AM   #467
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 12:51 AM
You mean just pull a Kings?
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:16 AM   #468
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Yeah, sure, that. Since it's against the Kings, it would have the opposite effect of pulling a Kings, thus the reverse.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:19 AM   #469
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I never expected to make it this far, during this playoffs, but it SUCKS getting this far and then seeing them get their asses hand to them.
By a fucking 6th seed, no less. What a weird playoffs this has been.

The Kings are probably going to end up with home ice too.

And no, we're not pulling a Kings. We've completely given up and are going through the motions. Which is sad, considering the amount of talent we have and sheer luck we've been blessed with as of late.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:25 AM   #470
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
I completely disagree. I only had the chance to watch the 3rd period, but it looked to me like they were trying their damnedest, that King's defense was just impenetrable.

Towards the end, it did seem that they were just too exhausted to score. They were taking shots from center ice and I was completely dumb-founded by that.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 11:51 PM
This seems like a pretty simplistic/cliche statement, but the Kings are just the better team right now.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #472
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I completely disagree. I only had the chance to watch the 3rd period, but it looked to me like they were trying their damnedest, that King's defense was just impenetrable.

Towards the end, it did seem that they were just too exhausted to score. They were taking shots from center ice and I was completely dumb-founded by that.
You tire yourself out playing from behind. You get behind when you make an incalculable quantity of mental errors and your goaltender can't stop a beach ball. It's like March all over again.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 AM   #473
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
By a fucking 6th seed, no less. What a weird playoffs this has been.

The Kings are probably going to end up with home ice too.

And no, we're not pulling a Kings. We've completely given up and are going through the motions. Which is sad, considering the amount of talent we have and sheer luck we've been blessed with as of late.

That sixth seed bested the cup favorites and the second place team from the west.

I wouldn't call it weird though. As of recent, the NHL system post lockout has done a really good job at developing parity among the standings. Don't forget... the Kings were an 8th seed when they won the up. And they beat 6th seed NJ.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #474
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
This seems like a pretty simplistic/cliche statement, but the Kings are just the better team right now.
Completely agreed. I don't know where this team keeps hiding, but every time they show up, they appear to be unstoppable. Unfortunately for the Hawks, it looks like they've decided to show up for the whole series.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:40 AM   #475
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
That sixth seed bested the cup favorites and the second place team from the west.

I wouldn't call it weird though. As of recent, the NHL system post lockout has done a really good job at developing parity among the standings. Don't forget... the Kings were an 8th seed when they won the up. And they beat 6th seed NJ.
Truth. And we all know how much potential LA has. Hell, how much potential the Blackhawks have. They limped into the playoffs but made the most of it for a while.

It has been an unpredictable month of hockey.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #476
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 12:51 AM
The funny thing is hindsight is so clear here.

The Blackhawks and Kings moving on and San Jose and St. Louis getting eliminated like always.

Yet, go back to before the playoffs and you'd seem silly saying that.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #477
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:51 PM
I can't believe Crawford is still such a weak link. 5 shots is apparently enough to render 3 goals in one period meaningless.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #478
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
I don't know if I can watch.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #479
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
It seems to me like Crawford is playing really far out of the net. His last two saves were phenomenal, but if someone had caught the rebound on either of them, he would've been completely fucked.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #480
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Overtime. Jeez. What a bunch of wasted opportunities there in the 3rd. Both teams looked fantastic, though.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com