National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rare Habs-Leafs trade in the works. Josh Gorges for an unnamed roster player (Kadri? Franson?JVR?), though the deal hinges on Gorges waiving his no-trade clause. It's a cap move, unloading a left defenseman, which the Habs have in abundance and making room for a young D-man like Beaulieu.

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

It's a take each other's trash move, essentially. The Flyers have too many centers, the Panthers have too many wings.

Definitely. We have too many players in general. But the bottom line with Florida is we have a lot of centers, but also a lot of young centers. Most of which who we want to try at wing. And no experience at center (everyone is 22 or younger).

Rare Habs-Leafs trade in the works. Josh Gorges for an unnamed roster player (Kadri? Franson?JVR?), though the deal hinges on Gorges waiving his no-trade clause. It's a cap move, unloading a left defenseman, which the Habs have in abundance and making room for a young D-man like Beaulieu.

depending on who is going back I'm ok with this move, I agree that I can't see it being JVR or Kadri though :hmm:

The Flyers have too many centers who can't play the wing. They clearly thought either Lecavalier or Baby Schenn would simply slide to the wing on the second line, but neither of them could make an impact on there. The Flyers were best this year when Lecavalier moved to fourth line center, which is insane for a guy with his contract. If they can move him and a defenseman with a bad contract (I am praying for MacDonald but it will never happen, so Fat Schenn or Grossmann will do), they might be in alright shape moving forward.

Gorges isn't Bobby Orr,but the guy has the habs logo tattooed on his heart.

Bergevin better come up with a big signing tomorrow to replace him,because it's going to be a tough pill to swallow,if not.

The Flyers have too many centers who can't play the wing. They clearly thought either Lecavalier or Baby Schenn would simply slide to the wing on the second line, but neither of them could make an impact on there. The Flyers were best this year when Lecavalier moved to fourth line center, which is insane for a guy with his contract. If they can move him and a defenseman with a bad contract (I am praying for MacDonald but it will never happen, so Fat Schenn or Grossmann will do), they might be in alright shape moving forward.

Yeah, we have the type that have all been playing wing but are all more successful at center. Then, we have useless underachieving older individuals. One thing is for certain... Barkov and Bjugstad are centering for us. Whether or not we want to run 3 scoring lines is another story...

But one thing for sure... Lecavalier is going to be brought in for our abysmal PP if he comes to Florida. Guys like Pirri and Trochek can play wing.

Side effect of legalizing marijuana in Colorado. Only logical reason for why the Avalanche made that deal. Someone must have been high.

If anyone's been smoking too much pot, it's PA Paranteau.

His game has fallen off. Much like Scottie Upshall or Thomas Kopecky in Florida, those guys only produced recently because they were on a bad team playing top line minutes. Paranteau isn't that good, and Colorado wont be happy when they're trying to sign their youngsters and they hit cap issues because PA's salary four years from now when he's 25 is blocking them.

Briere on the other hand, who will put out the same production as he did in Montreal, is the same price and the same cap hit for a smaller period of time. The value of cap space heading into an overvalued market is huge, and much like the Same Gagner flip by Tampa... people can't appreciate it... yet.

Rumor has it Florida will sign Dave Bolland to a 6/7 year contract, and that Bolland turned down a 5/25 from Toronto :(

Say it ain't so Dale :(

Is that him in the picture? Looks a lot like Hartnell...

As for free agency yesterday I am less than thrilled with the additions so far, Robidas is 37 hundred years old and broke his leg twice last year and while I like Komarov, paying him more than Kadri is not smartest thing to do imo...

At least we dodged a bullet with Bolland though, LN7, enjoy that one.

oh, and Josh Gorges can suck it, I hope he enjoys his time in the armpit that is Buffalo.

As for free agency yesterday I am less than thrilled with the additions so far, Robidas is 37 hundred years old and broke his leg twice last year and while I like Komarov, paying him more than Kadri is not smartest thing to do imo...

Ugh, Kadri. With any luck when his contract is up, we'll say bye-bye.

That may be true, and I wouldn't mind him if he was recognized for what he is, a basically mediocre NHL player who can get streaky. Instead he gets far more credit than he deserves.

I have never liked his attitude, the way he celebrates his goals really puts me off sometimes and he basically strikes me as very entitled.

I have never liked his attitude, the way he celebrates his goals really puts me off sometimes and he basically strikes me as very entitled.

The same is true for at least 98% of all NHL players. Especially if they are from Canada, teenagers who are good at hockey are treated like kings everywhere they go, especially more so if they are good enough to be on track for the NHL as they are almost always the star of the local team. I remember we had one kid who went to my high school who played for 2 months for the Moncton major junior team (he played 3 or 4 games, was a healthy scratch for the rest, and then was cut outright in November) and wasn't any good at all, and the school still treated him coming to school for the first time in November like the Queen herself was showing up. We were all asked to come early that day so that we could applaud as he entered the school. Naturally I thought that was the dumbest shit I'd ever heard and stayed in bed and skipped first period because I knew nobody would be going to class. Worked out great for me :up:

Long story short, things like this are why every young hockey player I've ever met is a complete entitled jerkoff, Sidney Crosby included.

The same is true for at least 98% of all NHL players. Especially if they are from Canada, teenagers who are good at hockey are treated like kings everywhere they go, especially more so if they are good enough to be on track for the NHL as they are almost always the star of the local team. I remember we had one kid who went to my high school who played for 2 months for the Moncton major junior team (he played 3 or 4 games, was a healthy scratch for the rest, and then was cut outright in November) and wasn't any good at all, and the school still treated him coming to school for the first time in November like the Queen herself was showing up. We were all asked to come early that day so that we could applaud as he entered the school. Naturally I thought that was the dumbest shit I'd ever heard and stayed in bed and skipped first period because I knew nobody would be going to class. Worked out great for me :up:

Haha. Oh I hear you. My high school is where all the Mississauga Ice Dogs (back when that was Don Cherry's OHL team) went. Most were dumber than dirt and not particularly attractive, but the puck bunnies were out in full force!

Back
Top Bottom