National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wild game in Denver (pun intended).

And what a collapse by the Sharks, not just being up 3-0, but having scored 17 goals in those 3 games and then 5 in the ensuing 4 games.

Does anyone in LA even know the Kings exist?

So now I'm down to rooting for the Wild :|

that shit is weak.

Also, Torts is out in Vancouver, directly after the Rangers advance to the second round, coincidence?

I honestly don't think so. I haven't heard word one about the playoffs, except for once last week when someone was discussing how embarrassing they were so far.

I kinda made that comment sarcastically, because the other LA playoff team right now is the Clippers and I mean... Come on.

Absolutely. Draft day is hit or miss, but coming from my perspective I've seen my team blow up several times. When Tallon dealt literally everybody after the 2010 season at the deadline... He was pulling in 2nd and 3rd round picks out of Dominic Moore, Bryan Allen, Chris Higgins (well worth it), etc.

Not only is Malcolm Subban in their organization, but Jarome Iginla was one of their best forwards this season.

Also, Anson Carter, who played well for the Bruins in the 90s, likely inspired many of the current era's black players. On top of that, the NHL's first black player, Willie O'Ree, broke into the league with Boston.

But you can't expect people with these racist, dimwitted, narrow-minded views to know all of that. Sad and ridiculous, especially coming after the non-stop coverage this week of Donald Sterling.

For the record, I grew up with many Bruins fans, and many are good friends of mine to this day. They're all decent people, so it's a shame a group of morons Hab (get it?) to ruin it for everyone.

It's not a good look, especially a city with a reputation for having racist sports fans ... BUT, this shit happens literally all the time when you search on Twitter for "black player's name" + "n*****" so it's not, you know, unique to this situation. I'm not defending any of this, but this isn't a new or isolated phenomenon.

So apparently Ed Snider said his plan is to promote Ron Hextall from assistant general manager to GM, possibly as early as next season. He said he will talk to Paul Holmgren about it.

Paul Holmgren: "Uh, Ed, I'm standing *right* here."

Wait, you're saying the Flyers are going to hire a former player with a fiery temper to be their general manager? I don't believe it.

Same old shit. Be the better team for three periods, don't choke after two

Last edited:
Fuck yes he did. Just put the whole offense on his back and cruised in.

Still annoyed that we let a 2 goal lead evaporate in 3 minutes.

I hate to sound like that guy... but damn is Montreal *actually* paying these refs off?

I don't like either Montreal or Boston. But this plus the Tampa series is going a but too far...

Back
Top Bottom