National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow they release it that soon? Awesome!

This! Total bonus. It will give me more time to save for the trip I'm going to plan to see the Canucks play in some Californian city (or maybe more than one) sometime early in 2012.

The NHL awards are on shortly. Frustratingly, it doesn't air here until this evening, even though it's happening this afternoon. Oh well, I'll be watching eventually. :)

It's not like they're U2 and release a tour schedule piecemeal, allowing only a small window of opportunity to buy tickets and plan a trip. :wink:

:lol: True. I just need lots of time to save, as I have a few other trips happening between now and then that I'm saving up for as well. :crack: :)

Coral Peef, you should consider going to the outdoor game at Citizens Bank on Jan. 1 (or Jan.2) between the Flyers and Rangers if you can. It should be a good time!
It's being considered, certainly, though the WC might be a bit out of my price range.

This! Total bonus. It will give me more time to save for the trip I'm going to plan to see the Canucks play in some Californian city (or maybe more than one) sometime early in 2012.

The NHL awards are on shortly. Frustratingly, it doesn't air here until this evening, even though it's happening this afternoon. Oh well, I'll be watching eventually. :)

Awesome. I'd like to go see them play this season, just so far away. Maybe in the new year?

I'll be torrenting those, looking forward to watching actually :up:

It's not like they're U2 and release a tour schedule piecemeal, allowing only a small window of opportunity to buy tickets and plan a trip. :wink:

:laugh:

Its pretty good though, the season finished a week ago, and the schedule for next season is coming out so soon? the NBA schedule is still a few weeks off yet.

Draft day on Friday! The most exciting time of year for a Panther fan! Can't wait to see who we take! I'm hoping for RNH or Adam Larsson, and if not, Landeskog.

The Richards trade was great... you're going to love Schenn. The Jeff Carter trade depends on how the Flyers use that pick. Voracek on the other hand, I've only heard disappointment from Columbus fans.

Looking at this all from the big picture though, it can be seen as a bad move from the Flyers. Especially if Brayden Schenn doesn't become the star that he is slated to be. Reason being is that despite doing well in these trades IMO, you're still degrading talent. The better player left Philly in both cases.

It was time for both of those guys. Carter was a dead man walking after not showing up in either of the last two postseasons, whether or not that had to with injuries. And Richie seemed incredibly complacent after signing his big deal. He peaked in 2010.

I'm excited by having a solid goaltender (Bryz is official at 9 years, $51 million), a chance to re-sign Leino, and some more room to work with under the cap now. Those guys had large deals.

Rumors continue to swirl. Versteeg to Florida? An offer sheet made to Stamkos? Gagne potentially returning? Today is insane.

Any offer sheet to Stamkos will be matched by Tampa.

9 years on Bryzgalov is a joke. No goalie should ever be kept for so long. Things can change in the course of one season. Plus, it's ironic that he's the kind of goalie that hasn't shown up in the post-season. And Philly of all teams goes out and gets him.

Also, I could almost guarantee Versteeg to Florida about a year ago when Dale Tallon became GM of the Florida Panthers. It would surprise me if he wasn't headed this way.

Well, it's 9 years to spread the cap hit out. Though it is definitely the nail in the coffin for Bob, for better or worse. He'll be dealt at some point.

Carter and Richards had 21 combined years left on their deals, so the 9 isn't that much of a concern to me.

Versteeg just tried to do way too much on a team that plays a pass-heavy offense. He didn't fit, though he is a talent. I have no issue getting rid of him. Hopefully we get something good back.

The influx of young talent is a nice thing as well, as the Flyers aren't particularly strong in their prospects.

Sources are indicating a deal for Stamkos is definitely being talked about, though the Flyers aren't the only team in the mix.

Sources are indicating a deal for Stamkos is definitely being talked about, though the Flyers aren't the only team in the mix.

Where are you reading that?

And funny, TSN actually 'confirmed' Versteeg to Florida. And then Dale Tallon told the media... BS. I didn't just acquire Kris Versteeg.

Lol.

It'll happen. It will.

I expected Carter, but I'm floored by the Richards trade.

I have a feeling this was a Snider-endorsed move and that Holmgren was forced to do it 'Get me a goalie, ASAP!'

I suppose they looked at the past two playoff performances of players like Briere, Giroux, and JVR and determined they were expendable. Still, I think there will be more moves down the pipe. No use getting an alleged #1 goalie if you gut your offense of top flight centres.

It goes deeper than that. I think there were quite a few people, both in the front office and in the locker room, who didn't like Richie. Especially after he mailed it in this year.

Pronger will be wearing the C this year.

Philly did well in this. They got Schenn, Simmonds, and drafted Sean Couturier, the pre-season favourite for #1 overall.

If they pan out as they're projected to, and with JVR and Giroux in the mix, then Philly will be in good shape for the next decade or more.

Kinda upset that the Panthers passed on Larsson, but really glad to have Huberdeau nonetheless.

Also, LOL at Chicago if they complete this deal. Rostislav Olesz for Brian Campbell? You'd imagine that's 'saving money'. It's not. Rostislav Olesz gets paid ~4mil as opposed to Brian Campbell's ~7mil, except he's absolutely atrocious and super injury prone; he missed six weeks of hockey with a 'broken thumb' lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom