National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the stateside U2 jet has been shuttling the Boston Bruins around since the band is not currently on tour over here. If this is true, what the fuck :down: Fuck Bossssssssssssston (Bruins) :hyper:

U2 know how to pick their cities, what can we say?

This is sure to restart the "Boston Deserves Another 360 Show" talk though. :D

Boston deserves another 360 show!

Way to go Mark, you shook the beehive.

i'm so glad they aren't playing Boston later this year.

/dropkicks the beehive

^That's my current Facebook status, as of 2 minutes ago.

Still, even though I'm disappointed by the outcome, what a fantastic game. Best I've seen in a while. That Thomas save on Gionta in the second overtime was something else.

This is why I wanted a Boston-Montreal series.

Totally agree! That was an awesome game. Both goalies were amazing, and I was impressed with Montreal's game. Let's see how they react to sudden death!

This Bruins series has given me enough self-hating sports fan grief recently to actually make me close to beginning to understand what it must be like to be a Boston or Philadelphia sports fan.

Tied up going into the 3rd.

Let's.Fucking.Go.

Also, they just played "Glorified G" before a face off at the UC. I love this fucking shit. Who else would play fucking "Glorified G?"

My heart and liver were just about dead after that game. :lol: :yikes: Watching it with 20 other family members was a lot of fun but oh my god the stress! :crack:

I did NOT expect (or want) to see it go to game 7, but hopefully things will end well for the Canucks. I'm not a bandwagon fan - I'll still believe until the very end. :)

Insert Canadiens instead of Canucks if you so wish, but the sentiment is the same. :wink:

ATTENTION EVERYONE: The Vancouver Canucks are missing. Police were alerted after millions of fans placed calls to let them know the Canucks hadn't shown up for their previous three games. If you have any information on their whereabouts, please call 1-800-STNLYCP. Officials say they're hopeful the team will show up by Tuesday, but there are no guarantees.

This is ridiculous lol. Having fun watching.

I know I'm biased, but I think the best place to watch a hockey game is in Montreal. Nothing beats the crowd noise/atmosphere in the Bell Centre (this goes for concerts, too. Those going to see U2 in Montreal are in for a treat).

That said, there are a few places I would LOVE to see a playoff hockey game, and I will one day. These places are on my must-see bucket list: Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York. Those places look like they're fun to watch games in, especially Chicago. That place was insane yesterday!

I won't wear orange, but I also won't wear any Montreal gear. I want to walk out alive. :wink:

Also...

scaled_php.jpg

I know I'm biased, but I think the best place to watch a hockey game is in Montreal. Nothing beats the crowd noise/atmosphere in the Bell Centre (this goes for concerts, too. Those going to see U2 in Montreal are in for a treat).

That said, there are a few places I would LOVE to see a playoff hockey game, and I will one day. These places are on my must-see bucket list: Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York. Those places look like they're fun to watch games in, especially Chicago. That place was insane yesterday!

My b/f, who used to play hockey and is a huge fan (has flown all around to see games, and has lived on both coasts) says that by far the best atmosphere is in Detroit and that it isn't even comparable to the next city. FWIW!

Going to the Bell Centre to see a hockey game is on my bucket list. Hopefully next year as a surprise for my hubby's 40th!:wink:

Canadiens, Red Wings, San Jose Sharks almost always come out on top for straw polls as far as "best" or "loudest" in-arena experience. More recently Washington and Chicago have been getting really good fan atmospheres going, almost like they drafted some good players or something....

Unfortunately arenas that should be crazy to see in person (Toronto, Ottawa) are usually spoiled by the huge amount of corporate tickets given out for the lower bowl. I always notice how it seems like a sizable percentage of seats at the ACC are still empty at the start of each periods. Maybe it's just a bad bathroom layout or something and folks are still finishing up their business from the period break.

Hope Lightning win tonight. As many Game 7s as possible, baby! As a Quebecer I am required to have a big hardon for TB, due to St. Louis, Vinny, Gagne, and Guy Boucher as coach. Doesn't hurt that Yzerman is slowly turning Tampa into Detroit South.

JLhgU.jpg

Unfortunately arenas that should be crazy to see in person (Toronto, Ottawa) are usually spoiled by the huge amount of corporate tickets given out for the lower bowl. I always notice how it seems like a sizable percentage of seats at the ACC are still empty at the start of each periods. Maybe it's just a bad bathroom layout or something and folks are still finishing up their business from the period break.

People are networking in the underground boxes.

The ACC made a brilliant move by building private boxes underground which are fully catered, boozed, etc. Most of the lower bowl seats you see are sold in bunches (of 10) and the people are herded to the boxes between periods where they eat, drink and cut business deals. I've gone to games this way, had some amazing seats too. But the atmosphere suffers a lot for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom