National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Another game down for the Canucks. :up: As much as it stressed me out, I'm glad that Chicago got a few goals and really put on the pressure. Hopefully the game tomorrow will be a good one, but I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

Wow, the Flyer power play is pretty bad. They're not getting quality shots, making life for Ryan Miller easy, and when they have a chance they miss the net entirely.
The PP has just been awful. Glad to see something come of it today.

Bob has been ... less than inspiring. I'm not comfortable with falling back on Boosh again.

I'd hoped the Habs would take one in Boston, but 2 is fantastic. Price has been amazing, and they are all keeping their cool! I'm excited to see the fans Monday night!:wink:

The PP has just been awful. Glad to see something come of it today.

Bob has been ... less than inspiring. I'm not comfortable with falling back on Boosh again.

You know, I was thinking about this earlier. It is utterly astounding that there are some teams across all sports that just never seem to be able to find one that one position player that is legit. You know, like there are good basketball teams that never seem to find a true centre, or football teams that never seem to be able to get that one quarterback. A team like the Ravens come to mind, for example, that despite Flacco's talent, they have never really had a superstar quarterback despite having success.

The Flyers are like that with goaltending. Not since Ron Hextall, and Bernie Parent before him, have they had a solid goalie. One that inspires confidence. Look at what happened to Leighton after last year. They just never seem to either draft a competent goalie, or find one via trade or free agency. It's really quite funny. And sad.

So... with all that talk of Phoenix moving to Winnipeg...

anyone else think that it's pretty low that they might not even be giving Phoenix a real chance to say goodbye?

As much as I'd be happy for Winnipeg getting the Jets back, it kind of disgusts me the way a large chunk of NHL fans are willing to take a dump on Phoenix in the name of getting another Canadian team. Granted there aren't that many Coyotes fans, and it probably isn't working there long-term, but you know there's kids down there with Coyotes sweaters and Shane Doan posters on their walls who LOVE that team, and it's going to absolutely suck for them when they go. As someone who went through that with the Whalers, including going to the final game and being among the many openly weeping in the seats...there's literally nothing in sports worse than that.

And that coming from a Red Sox fan...losing the Whalers was worse than Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, and Grady Little/Aaron Boone all rolled into one.

We thought we had it with Bob for like a month and then we realized he was just like everyone else.

Bob needs to learn to play bigger. His lateral quickness is phenomenal, but he plays really small. Watch how he rolls his shoulders forward even when he's up, and obviously worse when he's in the butterfly...he leaves a ton of room up top and he's not quick enough to stop shots up there with quickness and reflexes. Bob and Ryan Miller are about the same size, but when you look at Miller you don't see much space to shoot at.

Sounds awful.

Scares me every day being a Panther fan (and previously with the Marlins scare).
Good thing to know is that they are on a 30 year lease with the BankAtlantic Center from 2000, so it'd be pretty damn hard to get them out of Florida for the time being.

The Flyers are like that with goaltending. Not since Ron Hextall, and Bernie Parent before him, have they had a solid goalie. One that inspires confidence. Look at what happened to Leighton after last year. They just never seem to either draft a competent goalie, or find one via trade or free agency. It's really quite funny. And sad.

This x1000.

Apparently, Chara will be playing tonight and if I'm not mistaken, it'll be his first game in the Bell Centre since the hit on Pacioretty. This should be interesting...

I definitely didn't expect the Canucks to sweep the series, but I never thought they'd lose so spectacularly. :lol: Damn, that was a painful game to watch. I don't blame Luongo too much - he was doing what he could, but the D were just defective. Nobody was on top of their game at all.

So Chicago got their win, but it will be all the sweeter for the Canucks to win the series at home tomorrow. :up:

I really need Vancouver to flame out soon, as almost everyone but me in my hockey pool is heavily leveraged that way. Yes, I'm that selfish, but it's quite a chunk of cash!

Did we establish a hockey shirt day for either Montreal show? We really need to.

I always wear my Canadiens shirt/hat at a U2 show (or any concert, really), regardless of location. Was fun to do that in Toronto in 2009.

I wore my Canadiens cap and T-shirt at Arcade Fire in Calgary, and was acknowledged for it by Régine and Win. :heart:

Are you going to U2 in Montreal, Martina?

Because, if so, I'd love to see a throwdown between you and Sharon. Them's fightin' words!

It would make the GA line more entertaining, that's for sure. ;)

Haha. I just think that Vancouver is overrated a bit so I'm not convinced that they'll take it all like everyone else seems to think. They have a good chance, for sure, but it's by no means in the bag.

I don't have a ticket to Mtl...have thought about it as it's on the weekend. So probably not, unless I have a last-minute change of heart.

Haha. I just think that Vancouver is overrated a bit so I'm not convinced that they'll take it all like everyone else seems to think. They have a good chance, for sure, but it's by no means in the bag.

I don't have a ticket to Mtl...have thought about it as it's on the weekend. So probably not, unless I have a last-minute change of heart.

I have an extra GA ticket for Montreal 1 (Friday), if you're ever interested.

Are you going to U2 in Montreal, Martina?

Because, if so, I'd love to see a throwdown between you and Sharon. Them's fightin' words!

It would make the GA line more entertaining, that's for sure. ;)

:lol:

It's not going to be an easy road, but I have full confidence that the Canucks are going to win it this year. :yes:

Est-ce l’avion de U2 ou des Bruins de Boston qui est à Montréal?! – Hollywoodpq.com

Is U2 really and truly in Montreal RIGHT NOW? The plane with the U2 360 Tour logo has been spotted recently on a private runway at Montreal's airport.

After some researching on the web, we've learned the plane was serving the Boston Bruins when not used by U2 on tour. Knowing the Bruins are facing off against the Canadiens during the playoffs, this theory could be true.

Apparently the stateside U2 jet has been shuttling the Boston Bruins around since the band is not currently on tour over here. If this is true, what the fuck :down: Fuck Bossssssssssssston (Bruins) :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom