National Hockey League 2010-2011 - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #616
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 08:41 PM
I'm no expert, but I think it would be VERY difficult (if not impossible) to find a Canadian team's hockey jerseys anywhere other than in Canada.

It's probably a safer bet to get it online, but maybe someone who has been to one of those cities and has been to a sporting goods store can say otherwise.
__________________

__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #617
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 02:41 PM
I've been recommended he check out Sports Authority, I dunno, I may just buy online to save hassle.
__________________

__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #618
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 10:41 PM
Only two places I'd know of off the top of my head...

the NHL Store near Times Square in NYC and... Pantherland in the BankAtlantic Center

(yes, leave it to the Panthers to market to other teams)
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #619
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 02:41 PM
International Shipping from NHL.com is crazy. It bumps up the price about $70
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #620
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Bomac I thought you lived in BC. or are you a Montreal native?
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #621
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 11:41 PM
I live in Alberta (for now), but I spent the first 22 years of my life in Montreal.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #622
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
An all-Canadian final would have been awesome. Not for hockey in the US, of course, but for us Canadians, damn, that would have been exciting.
I always think that this is a bit of an odd argument that a lot of Canadians seem to make. I mean take the Vancouver-Chicago series...there were more actual Canadian players on the Chicago team. But anyways...

I think Detroit will take San Jose out. Vancouver over Nashville, though Van looks weak and I think at this point the Red Wings should be the favourites out West.

The East is a gong show - I actually don't like any of the teams there that are still in it.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #623
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,498
Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
I've been recommended he check out Sports Authority, I dunno, I may just buy online to save hassle.
Another chain that he might try is Dick's Sporting Goods. (And tell him when he goes to say "I've heard women here love Dick's")


If that doesn't work, I think he'd have a shot at finding one at a pro shop in Vegas or LA, depends on how hard he wants to look. I assume there's a pro shop at the Staples Center which may have gear from other teams. I'm sure there's someplace in Vegas that would have team gear from most all the teams in the 4 major sports.
Also Dallas must have a pro shop at/near the arena.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #624
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
International Shipping from NHL.com is crazy. It bumps up the price about $70
I think your dad might waste $70 in gas driving around trying to find one.

Is he at any location in the U.S. long enough to have it shipped there?
Some hotels charge for accepting packages, but it could work and be cheaper than shipping it directly to you.
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #625
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 02:41 PM
One of the stores I stumbled upon in Vegas had absolutely every piece of American sporting paraphernalia you could imagine.
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #626
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Another chain that he might try is Dick's Sporting Goods. (And tell him when he goes to say "I've heard women here love Dick's")


If that doesn't work, I think he'd have a shot at finding one at a pro shop in Vegas or LA, depends on how hard he wants to look. I assume there's a pro shop at the Staples Center which may have gear from other teams. I'm sure there's someplace in Vegas that would have team gear from most all the teams in the 4 major sports.
Also Dallas must have a pro shop at/near the arena.


Alright I'll keep those in mind, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I think your dad might waste $70 in gas driving around trying to find one.

Is he at any location in the U.S. long enough to have it shipped there?
Some hotels charge for accepting packages, but it could work and be cheaper than shipping it directly to you.
Hmm possibly. He's only in the country for about 10 Days and the longest he is anywhere is about 3-4 days.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #627
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,498
Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
One of the stores I stumbled upon in Vegas had absolutely every piece of American sporting paraphernalia you could imagine.
I figured Vegas (haven't been in about 10 yrs) would be the most likely of the 4 cities to find it with the least effort.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #628
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Hmm possibly. He's only in the country for about 10 Days and the longest he is anywhere is about 3-4 days.
That's long enough. Just let the hotel know ahead of time.
I occasionally ship tradeshow stuff ahead to where I'm staying.
You can have the shipper put your Dad's name and arrival date on the order, and the hotel will know to hold it for him.

Still, just a thought.
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 03:29 AM   #629
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
In fact, the NHL has had a pretty awesome bracket so far, almost like the NBA.
I've been reading a lot of interesting sports writing lately, on the subject of how in the NHL you are bound to see upsets, but in the NBA an upset in a playoff series is extremely unlikely. In the NBA, you have the starting, best players on the court for most of the game, every night, whereas in the NHL they share the ice time with a large cast of teammates. A lot more wildcards in a long, seven game NHL playoff series.

I hope Tampa Bay and their ex-Canadiens farm system coach (and McGill and UdeM alum / wunderkind / sports psychologist) Guy Boucher go all the way to the Cup Finals.

They already stunned the Caps in Game 1. TB is dangerous even with Gagne's bell rung.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #630
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
They already stunned the Caps in Game 1. TB is dangerous even with Gagne's bell rung.
Kind of makes me long for Roloson.
__________________

__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com