National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers spew out the most shots in consecutive games (105) since the 1994 Rangers, come away with 10 goals, and still only get 2 points from it. I never would have thought goaltending would have been their issue.

For 4 games I felt something different there... what is the opposite of shame?

Good to see things are the way they should be in the Toronto sports universe :up:

Same here. 7 game losing streak and all is right with the Universe again. Islanders were actually #1 in the conference for a day or two...It was like 1982 up in here....:(

Poor Leafs.

Even the Panthers can beat you guys. Sad thing about the Panthers is that this is one of the best teams I've seen (save the 08-09 Cats) in a while.

I love how ESPN doesnt give a rats ass about hockey and then when that happens it's the perfect chance to criticize Kovalchuk.

Give me a break, shit happens. Moving the puck that fast and doing what he was about to do is not easy.

On another note, the Panthers are once again playing really well. They seem to outshoot their opponents, beat them in the faceoff circle, control the puck the most of the time, etc., and still lose.

As much of an 'I want them to be in last place and tank it' person as I am, this team is one of the better ones in a while in Florida.

Brent Burns with a dirty, dirty hit on Bernier afer the game on friday night. Butt end of the stick to the face. Burns, however, did apologize and did realize his mistake. Nonetheless, Bernier was taken to the hospital and had to have surgery. Shame on Burns.

Brent Burns with a dirty, dirty hit on Bernier afer the game on friday night. Butt end of the stick to the face. Burns, however, did apologize and did realize his mistake. Nonetheless, Bernier was taken to the hospital and had to have surgery. Shame on Burns.

Yeah, there's just no reason for that.

Didn't see it, but it got a decent amount of coverage here considering the Vikings are the continuous sports media story.

Can't wait to see what Cappy can do with this bunch... :sigh: I feel bad for Gordon, but something had to give. Plus, I was never a fan of his "system first" and the way he used some of the players (Tavares is way to small to be setting up in front of the net, for example.) Gordon wanted to play a fast, skilled game, but only had slower, not so skilled players.

Yes, it will be interesting for sure. The "interim" label is still in full effect. Sadly, the fans continue to be stuck with a crappy team and an arena that needs to be refurbished or replaced. :sad:

Atlanta seems to be having serious, serious attedance issues.

Apparently they broke the record for lowest attendance earlier this season (v. Buffalo, 8820). And then broke their own record again with another game (v. Columbus, 8461). Not sure if it was all time NHL low or Atlanta Thrashers franchise low, but according to Miami Herald beat writer George Richards it was one of the emptiest scenes in Atlanta last night.

Somehow they reported over 10,000 in attendance. Which makes me wonder... is attendance measured by distributed tickets or by in house (scanned tickets)? If so...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e20134892981b0970c-pi
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e20134892979ac970c-pi

This really bothers me. How is hockey supposed to survive in the South if these are the turnouts for the southern division 'rival' games. I mean, it was never, ever this bad until recently, and that's probably because of the fact that both teams have been bottom dwellers for quite some time now.

I don't know what to do with the Leafs. Ugh. I've been a family fan since I was a kid, but now I wonder if it's time to shift my loyalties. I like the Canucks, always have, maybe I'll go for them. The Leafs make it so difficult because we've been struggling for so long, big budget and still struggle. Ughness. My fiance is a Hab fan and dare I say I enjoy watching the Habs games more now than I do the Leaf ones :reject:

Mysterious penalty last night in Boston as Bryan McCabe served a 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct bench penalty.

Turns out that the penalty was for an unnamed Florida Panther squirting water on a fan. How nobody saw this on camera, or how we still dont have a name baffles me.

Shouldnt be doing that regardless.

I don't know what to do with the Leafs. Ugh. I've been a family fan since I was a kid, but now I wonder if it's time to shift my loyalties. I like the Canucks, always have, maybe I'll go for them. The Leafs make it so difficult because we've been struggling for so long, big budget and still struggle. Ughness. My fiance is a Hab fan and dare I say I enjoy watching the Habs games more now than I do the Leaf ones :reject:

I say stick with the Leafs or join the Habs. At least they're Original Six teams. Fuck the Canucks! Their Jerseys are hideous. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom