National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a rumor going around on Twitter that U2 will be playing an opening song at the game tonight. I heard it from the Province newspaper twitter feed. They're a pretty trashy newspaper, so I don't know whether to believe it or not.

I don't know how they'd do it - whether they'd pick up a satellite feed from Edmonton, or if the boys would fly back and forth (it would be insane, but technically somewhat do-able), but still. That's pretty exciting! :D

Edit - apparently the Team 1040, who are actually reputable, mentioned something about this about an hour or two ago. U2 were seen in Vancouver with some gear, so maybe they pre-taped something earlier this week. :)

If I wasn't already jacked up for this game, this rumor DEFINITELY has me even more excited!

Just saw a tweet from a blue cracker who is in Edmonton, and the band is soundchecking now. :) Looks like if there's anything U2 related at the game, it will either be a feed from Edmonton, or something they pre-taped earlier this week.

Live in the arena would have been awesome, but I knew it was too good to be true. :lol:

:lol: Nope. A local guy called Kyprios.

Just the usual album version of Streets for the intro.

Wow, this game has gotten off to a great start! :hyper:

Maybe there will be something in one of the intermissions. That's the only time I can see anything from them happening. :)

Awww. I don't suppose you can duck out, can you? :(

Seriously, though. The intro and anthems are AMAZING! :heart:

We're in the Stanley Cup Final. WOW. Just - wow. This is unbelievably awesome!

I have 90 mins till lunch. I could possibly disappear for the 3rd period. :shifty:

The game is so intense. Did Daniel deserve to get a FOUR minute penalty for that? Hard to tell from the radio. Haha!

That was crazy! My internet died for a minute or two after the Canucks won! :lol:

Definitely a frustrating game at times with all the penalties, but the outcome was what I'd hoped for. :D

Wow! I got home for the last 15 minutes. I couldn't hang around for OT if there was gonna be, bam 18.5 seconds to go GOALLL!!!

Canucks dominated with turn overs in the last period, going to be an epic series.

I got home last night with 2 minutes left in the game. I was just about to settle in front of the TV for overtime, when BAM! :huh:

Glad the Canucks won, I just wish I had gotten to watch more hockey. :lol:

Yes, they've used that as their intro music for a long time. :)

I think we had this conversation about 80 games ago lol but so did the Panthers for some time.

It was just awesome sitting against the glass hearing Streets after not having been to a hockey game in several months.

If they can take the second game and earn a split, I think the B's will be in good shape. Aside from how it ended, you gotta like that the high-powered Canucks could only score one goal.

I was more shocked when I turned in late that there was NO scoring than the fact that the score was tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom