National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like going through the playoffs with no starting pitchers and getting through every game with pieces from the bullpen.

I'm going to start a rumour that has no basis whatsoever.

Vancouver has a backup goalie, Corey Schneider, who spent three years in the minors and was considered by some to be the best goalie not playing in the NHL.

I liken him to Kevin Kolb in some respects. I think Philly is one of those teams that need to address - once and for all - their goaltending needs in the offseason, and Schneider will be a hot commodity after the playoffs.

Yeah, you don't need amazing, Roy-esque goaltending to win a Stanley Cup in the more offensive-minded, post-lockout era. Philly needs one solid starter instead of this three man rotation bullshit.

The Panthers will gladly take him off your hands in order to reach the cap floor.

Though it'll cost you either a 2nd or 3rd round pick depending on where you finish.

My picture ended up being front and centre on the Canucks website all day yesterday. What a thrill! So many friends were calling or texting saying they were so surprised to see me featured so prominently. That was fun. :D

I'm probably headed downtown to watch the game tomorrow so I can join in on all the fun if we win. This round the games have been starting much earlier, so I can barely make it home in time on weekdays to watch, let alone getting downtown. Hooray for weekend games!

Ohhhh baby game 7 Sharks Wings Stanley Cup Playoffs. Does not get any better than this.

Also this for PFan via TSN:

2) Another Classic: Amid months of speculation, sources confirm Philadelphia is the leading candidate for next year's Winter Classic.

The NHL hasn't officially signed off on the location, largely because of building availability in Philadelphia. The NHL would love to host the outdoor game at Lincoln Financial Field, but the NFL's schedule is making the football stadium virtually impossible, so Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies, will likely be the venue of choice.

The Flyers will likely face the New York Rangers, but the Rangers are waiting for confirmation of their involvement.

The idea of watching John Tortorella co-exist with cameras invading the sanctity of his dressing room and private quarters will almost guarantee huge ratings for HBO's 24/7 leading up to the Winter Classic.

As for the Canadian version of this annual spectacle, the Heritage Classic? Sources say its future is far less certain then its American counterpart. League sources say with only six Canadian franchises, sports venues may not be big enough to support the model of this event financially, so rather than forcing it annually in Canada, the Heritage Classic will likely become a regular event - just not something that is pushed every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom