National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm very happy for our young canadiens forward , he's up , talking , talking a lot , walking , very nice speedy recovery from a very severe concussion

The Panthers amateurs laid an asswhooping down upon the Maple Leafs last night.

Why? We need losses and they need wins. Of course there are Panthers fighting for a roster spot next season but the intensity levels just didn't make any sense.

Anyways, for the sake of our fanbase those wins are important. When the road teams fans fill our stadium, if we win (and start winning other games next season) it can start to create atmosphere.

I went to my first NHL game on Sunday and watched the Habs kick some Wild ass. As great as it is to watch on tv, it is amazing to see it live. To hear the sound of the glass when the players hit, to hear the horns when they score (8 times :wink:) and being surrounded by other crazy fans is incredible. My son is 7 and was so happy to see Subban's hat trick, and yes, even though we were the visiting team, the rink was covered with hats. One Wild season ticket holder said he had never seen such a turnout for a visiting team. :D

I went to my first NHL game on Sunday and watched the Habs kick some Wild ass. As great as it is to watch on tv, it is amazing to see it live. To hear the sound of the glass when the players hit, to hear the horns when they score (8 times :wink:) and being surrounded by other crazy fans is incredible. My son is 7 and was so happy to see Subban's hat trick, and yes, even though we were the visiting team, the rink was covered with hats. One Wild season ticket holder said he had never seen such a turnout for a visiting team. :D
Glad you guys enjoyed it. Subban is hella talented and the Habs are so short on healthy defensemen this year, it seems like he has a longer leash from the coaching staff to try stuff.

When he corrals the puck behind his own net before the breakout, you know he's usually going to try to go up the entire ice by himself :heart:

YnPze.jpg

I got great pics during the warmup. I am not sure if all of the arenas allow this, but we were right against the glass for it. Even during the warm up, Subban was incredible. The crowd was chanting his name quite a bit! :up: I was sad that Price didn't start, but Auld is from my hometown, and he did great. Too bad he lost the chance for the shut out with that penalty shot. Many Wild fans couldn't believe how much we all were singing the "Ole" song....in the lobby, during the practice, after every goal...it sure was fun! :D

Good game tonight for the Isles in their 5-2 victory over the Lightning. They've been playing well since mid-December. Too bad they were already out of it by then. :sad: I'd like to see them keep Capuano as the coach. The players seem to be flourishing well with him as the coach, especially Taveres.

Crappy goaltending killed the Flyers tonight...I'm going to have Patrick Kane nightmares.

Haha yeah I'd never wish losing upon my team without benefit. We've actually got a bright future ahead of us for once in a decade with almost 30 draft picks (and half in the first 3 rounds) in the past 2 years. That's about 10 more than usual, and we've already got some young guys developed and developing.

And we've cleared house with all salary for next season, which we'll probably tank again and then spend big time the following off-season when our youngsters are ready to play some NHL level hockey. Instead of the repetitively failed quick fix the Panthers have tried for the past 10 years, they can actually rebuild their team.

The last few months have been SO exciting to be a Canucks fan. :D The last few games especially, since records seem to be broken each and every game.

Looking forward to the playoffs! :up:

Panthers lose to Ottawa two times in a week to help build towards last place! Woohoo.

Officially tied for last in the conference, almost secured lotto #3.

Habs, WTF???????? :angry: This is the most stressful time of the year to be a Habs fan!!:huh:

Habs suckin balllllllllllllllls.

Looks very likely we'll have a Pens / Bolts and Habs / Bs first round. Two very awesome matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom