National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let that punk hit an islander , almost killing him btw oh no , no,noh , no big deal
but god forbid a certain player hits a canadien , sacre bleu ,

:applaud:

let that punk hit an islander , almost killing him btw oh no , no,noh , no big deal

How's that Lighthouse Project coming along? :D

How do you guys feel about your team relocating to the hockey hotbed of Kansas City? :D :D

Well we've got Phoenix, Atlanta, Nashville, and Isles.
Phoenix is the first of those franchises to go, and they will probably go to the 'Peggers.

Atlanta's owners are looking to move the team if they don't see any revenue, and the isles are losing 20 milli a year. Who knows which one will move first, but both Quebec City and Kansas City are on the table.

Yeah, I hear Dallas and Columbus aren't doing to well either - somebody give Gray Bettman a contract extension! oh wait...

lol, can you imagine if the Islanders hadn't signed DiPietro or Yashin? They could probably turn a profit...

If you're talking about that Eaton hit, he should have been suspended, no doubt.

That's the issue, though--the woefully inadequate way the NHL hands out its discipline. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and it's maddening.

Yeah, I hear Dallas and Columbus aren't doing to well either - somebody give Gray Bettman a contract extension! oh wait...

lol, can you imagine if the Islanders hadn't signed DiPietro or Yashin? They could probably turn a profit...

I hate agreeing with scum such as you, but in this case I do.

I'm really hoping that the Islanders don't move, as that would be a blow to the league. A strong team on Long Island would make me happy.

I was amazed when I turned on the Wild/Stars game the other night; the arena was half empty. I don't know why I assumed the had better support in Dallas, but from that one game it didn't look like it.

If you're talking about that Eaton hit, he should have been suspended, no doubt.

That's the issue, though--the woefully inadequate way the NHL hands out its discipline. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and it's maddening.
it's hockey , contact sport , it's a nature of the game itself , i really don't like when players get hurt , but it's just physical .
i mean all we can do is suspend a player for a number of games , how about todd bertuzzi stick hit ?? they guy should be banned for life
i know one guy who should be suspended that jumbo joe thornton blubber mouth

bring wiinipeg jet , quebec nordiques , :wave:

it's hockey , contact sport , it's a nature of the game itself , i really don't like when players get hurt , but it's just physical .
i mean all we can do is suspend a player for a number of games , how about todd bertuzzi stick hit ?? they guy should be banned for life
i know one guy who should be suspended that jumbo joe thornton blubber mouth

bring wiinipeg jet , quebec nordiques , :wave:

You sound like an intelligent fellow. :)

It's really a shame what's gone on with the Isles. I started following the league in the 80s and that was such a proud franchise with real greats, Arbour, Potvin, Trottier, Bossy, Smith...later LaFontaine. They got old and never retooled (like the 80s Celtics) and sadly no Danny Ainge/Big 3 came along to revive them.

It's like seeing the Royals and Pirates annual suckfest in baseball. But at least the Pirates have a spiffy new park (I'm told it's the best of the new parks) and the Royals have those fountains...the Isles don't even have that.

If they weren't terrible people would have loved that fisherman sweater. Maybe not the wave striping at the bottom, but the logo and lighthouse shoulder patch were good concepts.

It looks like the Panthers are absolutely fighting hard to get that #3 lottery position! But those Islanders, they just keep losing!

Although, Go Senators! I'd like to have the #2 lottery slot more than anything at this point!

Canucks get the NW Division, and clinch a playoffs spot with their win tonight! :hyper: I'm so excited for the playoffs!

I have been wanting them to win the cup since '94 when they came sooooo close. I loved living in Vancouver during their playoff run. My fingers are crossed Thora!:hyper:

I'm secretly hoping the Flames sneak into the last playoff spot somehow and give the Canucks a tough first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom