National Hockey League 2010-2011 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #196
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:40 PM
Haters gonna hate

Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #197
ONE
love, blood, life

Love that gif!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #198
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:40 PM
That's pretty sick.

So... 2nd Panther game of the year... Dont actually care about the game because we lost lol...

BUT... It came to my attention... that the Florida Panthers...

COME OUT ON THE ICE WITH AN OPENING SONG.. CAN ANYONE GUESS WHAT IT IS?

Where the Streets Have No Name! I was so happy hearing that... sitting first row on the glass... made my night regardless of a loss.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:40 PM
The Canucks come out to that song too.

It's been so much fun to watch the Canucks this season, especially in the last month and a half. I always say "this is going to be our year," but this year it actually feels like it just might be possible. Bring on the playoffs!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Okay so I wrote a nice rant here and... well Interference decided not to work for a 2 minute span in which I hit post. And I couldn't recover the post.

Anyways...

Tin-hat time: NHLOA defeats Panthers 3-2 - Litter Box Cats

Please, watch both videos there.

I'm sure some of you have seen Colton Orr bulldozing Scott Clemmensen, getting a game winning goal, and having the refs simply look the other way when Florida asks for a play review. Several days later, the league apologizes to Florida and admits that the goal should've been reviewed, overturned, and the Panthers should've been on a powerplay for goaltender interference.

So yeah, today, my first game of the season (I live in Orlando)... McCabe shoots... and scores! Oh wait... did he? I mean... the puck pinched in between the pad and the post... but the referee opts to blow his whistle instead. What does goalie Pavelec do? He is visibly seen on camera fishing the puck out of the net. McCabe (goal scorer and Florida Panther captain) is behind the net with the ref. He is literally pointing at the puck which is inside the net... and says "that's a goal, you need to review that".

The refs? They turn their head again. No review on the goal. The Panthers? They lose by 1 goal.

I'm almost certain that the NHL is trying to cover this play up to protect the image of the refs. All video angles on the play end just after the whistle, they do not show the goal-line camera, and they have so far not released any video of Billy Lindsay's commentary just following the mess-up. Furthermore, they went so far as to put the play as 'top 10' for the night on saves.

Sickens me.
YouTube - 24/7 Ep. 2 -- Referees
Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #201
has a

Local Time: 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
The Canucks come out to that song too.

It's been so much fun to watch the Canucks this season, especially in the last month and a half. I always say "this is going to be our year," but this year it actually feels like it just might be possible. Bring on the playoffs!
Yeah, it's been quite the run for the Canucks. Glad the Wild have missed playing them for the streak.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Maybe you didn't read into the situation at all... the issue isn't about whether or not video evidence was substantial or not...

it was the fact that it's the second time this season where the referees have flat out ignored the Panthers request to review a highly desputable call which determined a game winning goal late in the 3rd period.

And then in the following days they publically apologize for not taking the correct course of action.

(and btw, in both cases there was substantial video evidence to support an overturn in a call)
Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #203
ONE
love, blood, life

I loved the comeback win for the Canadiens last night! Thora, the Canucks have been doing well. My daughter said there are some guys dressed all in green (fans) who have tickets by the penalty box and they taunt the opposing team. Too funny! That first save by Detroit last night on a shot by one of the Sedin twins was awesome! I loved how he(whatever brother it was) smiled instead of losing his cool! Great sportsmanship!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #204
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancoke71 View Post
I loved the comeback win for the Canadiens last night! Thora, the Canucks have been doing well. My daughter said there are some guys dressed all in green (fans) who have tickets by the penalty box and they taunt the opposing team. Too funny! That first save by Detroit last night on a shot by one of the Sedin twins was awesome! I loved how he(whatever brother it was) smiled instead of losing his cool! Great sportsmanship!
Yeah, they've done that for a few years now, I think. I rarely notice them any more.

The Sedins are awesome. That was an INCREDIBLE save by Howard on Daniel's shot. I don't think they worry too much about goals going in when the goalie makes a fantastic save like he did last night - they've never been too bothered by stuff like that, as far as I can tell.

Shootouts frustrate me. They're exciting to watch, but they're the Canucks' weakest area right now. Sucks that it had to come down to that, but they got one point, and that's all that matters. I'm just glad there are no shootouts in the playoffs.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #205
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
The Sedins are awesome. That was an INCREDIBLE save by Howard on Daniel's shot.
Howard representin' UMaine Hockey.

Although his save cost my fantasy team a goal.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Maybe you didn't read into the situation at all... the issue isn't about whether or not video evidence was substantial or not...

it was the fact that it's the second time this season where the referees have flat out ignored the Panthers request to review a highly desputable call which determined a game winning goal late in the 3rd period.

And then in the following days they publically apologize for not taking the correct course of action.

(and btw, in both cases there was substantial video evidence to support an overturn in a call)
I did read the situation. I'm with you 100%. I posted the video simply because it illustrates referees casually shaking off big calls as being good because they're "ballsy." Professional sports referees are usually awful when it comes to things like replay because that means they have to admit they're wrong.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:40 PM
ok, we off to a good start, go Eagles
Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:40 PM
wide to the
right
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:40 PM
will be fascinated to find out what sport deep's watching.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

I believe the NFL, unless there's an AHL team that missed a shot wide right.