National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
My Predictions:

Stanley Cup Final - Chicago vs Pittsburgh (Chi wins in 6). That probably won't happen, but whatever.

East Playoff Teams - in no order:
Pitt
Rangers
Devils
Caps
Carolina
Toronto (I'm calling it - Burke will get them into the post season.)
Philly
Montreal (I'm not confident they will, but I'll put them here cause the other teams all suck)

Islanders - improve from dead last to 12th (23rd overall). Tampa - will come close, but fall short in the end.

West Playoff Teams - in nor order
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Calgary
Canucks
San Jose
LA - dark horse, but they improved their line up this summer
Anaheim

Hopefully the Stars won't blow this year. I'm just now starting to get a little hockey crazy too. Thank you, NHL 09.

Beav, why are the Islanders stocking up on starting goaltenders? Could it be there's something wrong with DiPietro that may cause him to retire? (and void his ridiculous contract as a result).

dude, as an expert on shitty hockey teams, this does not look like a good year for Montreal...

Yeah BoMac. You know that feeling you had in the pit of your stomach when all the FAs were signing elsewhere? And that small sense of semi-quasi-relief when the held on to Plekanic? That is what elfa and I feel every year.

Oh, hey Roloson...yay :uhoh: ...oh, Biron...woo hoo....:sigh: Maybe that Tavares kid will have a breakout year. :mad:

dude, as an expert on shitty hockey teams, this does not look like a good year for Montreal...

No one knows this for sure. They have had a massive turnover in their roster from one year to the next, so essentially it's one big experiment. It can go either way, but if they're able to gel as a unit, then I think they have a good team.

I dunno Beav, you guys have at least won the cup in the last 40 years...

Yes, 4 of them actually. But that was a long time ago...since my generation has come of age, we've slowly been turning into Leaf's fans, only not so concerned with how every other team sucks so bad, and how every other's team's GM sucks so bad, and how every other's teams owners suck so bad and how every other team has no real history and even if they did, that history would suck so bad.

So we went and spent $62.8 million on a dude with a busted up shoulder.

Yeah, as has been shown the last two years, Hossa doesn't help win Cups. Maybe his style will work better in Chicago, I dunno. I think he's overrated, but at the same time, I'd love to have him on my team.

Yes, 4 of them actually. But that was a long time ago...since my generation has come of age, we've slowly been turning into Leaf's fans, only not so concerned with how every other team sucks so bad, and how every other's team's GM sucks so bad, and how every other's teams owners suck so bad and how every other team has no real history and even if they did, that history would suck so bad.

dude, I wasn't alive when we last won a cup... My dad was like 10... it's becoming a generational thing up here...

dude, I wasn't alive when we last won a cup... My dad was like 10... it's becoming a generational thing up here...

Well, I also come from a line of Red Sox fans, so my father went 60 some odd years - and I'm not even sure if my grandfather was alive in 1918, and if so, I wonder if anyone cared? Hm.... Anyway:

With Burke in there, they have a chance (as much as I don't like the guy). You'll at least have a playoff team again soon enough.

yeah, what was up with that? I heard it was over 20 cents?

Yup, apparently the driver didn't give the Kane Bros. their 20 cents change, so they choked him and punched him up a few times. Really dumbass move. The kid is 20 years old, so hopefully he's learned his lesson and won't fall into a pattern of doing stupid shit. He might be the most naturally gifted hockey player that I've personally ever seen in a Blackhawks uniform, and we need him on the ice. Hopefully the consequences won't be too dire if he's convicted.

I don't know too much about the legal side of it, but maybe they settle out of court and he can get a little slap on the wrist community service or something? Avoiding a suspension (or jail time, obviously) would be nice. I don't know.

I have an idea how things went, and I'm assuming alcohol was involved:

Cabbie: I'm sorry, sir, I don't have enough change.

Kane: What?! Do you know who I am?

Cabbie: No, sir, I do not.

Kane: Give me back my money, then! *punch*

Back
Top Bottom