National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well. anything is better than Toskala at this point. My boyfriend is a Habs fan and he's saying how eventually he'll turn me into one as well.. and I replied that the Leafs are really trying hard to turn me into a Habs fan lol.

Yikes.

Come on guys, one win. You can do it. Please.

Well. anything is better than Toskala at this point. My boyfriend is a Habs fan and he's saying how eventually he'll turn me into one as well.. and I replied that the Leafs are really trying hard to turn me into a Habs fan lol.

Yikes.

Come on guys, one win. You can do it. Please.

Come over to the good guys, RB! :D

Also, you say your boyfriend is a Habs fan, but is he really? I mean, dating a Leafs fan? You must be pretty fucking special for any self-respecting Habs fan to date a Leaf supporter - which is something that I would never do.

:wink:

We have 3. That's working out great for us too, let me tell ya.

How's Joey Mac doing? Dude made the save of the year last year, then...well....dude made the save of the year last year. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

I felt kinda bad for him and the other guy last year. They are both, at best, decent back up goalies.

Come over to the good guys, RB! :D

Also, you say your boyfriend is a Habs fan, but is he really? I mean, dating a Leafs fan? You must be pretty fucking special for any self-respecting Habs fan to date a Leaf supporter - which is something that I would never do.

:wink:

He says I am :wink: I think it's his life goal to get me to be a Habs fan. At this point, I would like to see any Canadian team win the cup.. and if that means the Habs then.. you know.. I guess.. I could.. go for them :uhoh:

We have pretty well everything else in common, and he says he'll continue to work on the hockey thing :giggle:

Beav, I posted this a few pages back:

The sold-out Nassau Coliseum crowd was looking for something to cheer about after team owner Charles Wang said before the game that he is now open to all options for the club because the Town of Hempstead has not yet approved the Lighthouse Project.

The major developmental deal that has been in the works for nearly a decade would include a new, refurbished arena to replace antiquated Nassau Coliseum. Wang set a deadline for Saturday to receive a yes or no answer from the Town of Hempstead. One never came, and now the possibility exists that the Islanders could be sold or relocated or both.

Any thoughts?

Beav, I posted this a few pages back:

Any thoughts?

I hope that they build it. Not just to keep the Islanders, but because it'd be nice to have something new and nice like that on Long Island. The whole area over there is flat and dumpy looking.

And since the guy is losing $20M/year on the team, who could blame him for selling?

I hope that they build it. Not just to keep the Islanders, but because it'd be nice to have something new and nice like that on Long Island. The whole area over there is flat and dumpy looking.

And since the guy is losing $20M/year on the team, who could blame him for selling?

I really hope they don't leave, as I've stated many times in the past. It would be a blow to hockey if that were to happen, in my opinion.

As much as I am a Montreal fan, the Islanders hold some sentimental value for me, as watching their Stanley Cup run in '82 or '83 is my earliest hockey memory. I can remember watching parts of games, at least, during the Stanley Cup final that year.

I really hope they don't leave, as I've stated many times in the past. It would be a blow to hockey if that were to happen, in my opinion.

As much as I am a Montreal fan, the Islanders hold some sentimental value for me, as watching their Stanley Cup run in '82 or '83 is my earliest hockey memory. I can remember watching parts of games, at least, during the Stanley Cup final that year.

There's some real good history there, no doubt. Newsday today had an article that 51% of Long Islanders want the lighthouse, 21% don't, and 29% have no opinion (I may have reversed that 21 and 29), so hopefully that's a good sign. The Coliseum hasn't changed in 30 years. Looks exactly the same as it did when the Islanders were winning Cups.

For whatever reason, my team has managed to lose to Atlanta 5 straight times. We do well vs. good or excellent teams, and we take a night off when it comes to bad teams (see NYI Friday night and The Thrashers last night).

Back
Top Bottom