National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm, ok so Leafs signed Kessel - 5 years, 27 million, they had to give up two 1st round and one 2nd round pick to get him...

I'm not sure how I feel about that, he's young and talented but I'm not sure if he's worth all of that...

we're 4-1 so far in pre season games as well :up:

hmm, ok so Leafs signed Kessel - 5 years, 27 million, they had to give up two 1st round and one 2nd round pick to get him...

I'm not sure how I feel about that, he's young and talented but I'm not sure if he's worth all of that...

we're 4-1 so far in pre season games as well :up:

You guys just got Brian Burke'd!

I'll say this - I don't like him that much, but he's an interesting character and he can build a team to win a cup, so he's got that going for him. I'd much rather be a Leaf's fan this year than last. And you know he's on the phone everyday trying to get rid of Jason Blake. Maybe he thinks he can get some of those picks back via trade.

And this is exactly what happened. Phaneuf got nothing, Morency got suspended...unreal.

"Oh, hey - let's give the guy that performed the legal line change and went to defend his teammate, I dunno, 10 game suspension. HAHAHA!"

"How about the guy that laid out the borderline dirty hit?"

"Was he famous?"

"It was Phanuef."

"Oh noes, no no no. We give him, NOTHING!!! HAHAHAHA"

Ugh. The discipline system in the NHL is a fucking joke.

Our best player beats up a cab driver. Our big free-agent signing, immediately after signing him, requires shoulder surgery that will shut him down for a long time. Now our top rookie from last year hurts himself and another one of our strongest forwards is out for 6 months with a torn ACL. It's been a glorious offseason!

Our best player beats up a cab driver. Our big free-agent signing, immediately after signing him, requires shoulder surgery that will shut him down for a long time. Now our top rookie from last year hurts himself and another one of our strongest forwards is out for 6 months with a torn ACL. It's been a glorious offseason!

Sounds like the Isles except we don't have a best player, a big free agent signing, or a top rookie. But we have a little of injured people.

Time will tell, but I think it's a good move for the Leafs. Young and talented is always a good combination.

I'm disappointed the Bruins couldn't work something out with him. I realize they are up against the cap, but if they really wanted to keep him, they could have worked it out.

And there's my monthly hockey post.

Back
Top Bottom