National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niemi wasn't traded because of performance. He was completely embraced by the fanbase and, uhhh, won the Stanley Cup. It was purely a money thing. And unfortunate that it didn't work out.

Oh I know it was all a money thing. I just thought maybe they could have tried to move someone else so that they could have kept Niemi.

My Predictions:

Stanley Cup Final - Chicago vs Pittsburgh (Chi wins in 6). That probably won't happen, but whatever.

East Playoff Teams - in no order:
Pitt
Rangers
Devils
Caps
Carolina
Toronto (I'm calling it - Burke will get them into the post season.)
Philly
Montreal (I'm not confident they will, but I'll put them here cause the other teams all suck)

Islanders - improve from dead last to 12th (23rd overall). Tampa - will come close, but fall short in the end.

West Playoff Teams - in nor order
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Calgary
Canucks
San Jose
LA - dark horse, but they improved their line up this summer
Anaheim

Just found this. Got 5 playoff teams right in the east, 5 in the west. I put the Islanders one place higher (3 places in the overall) than they actually finished. There is nothing remotely impressive about that. Why I picked the Rangers, I cannot say. Maybe I was hoping for good karma.

The Panthers are such a fail of a franchise...

they waived Grabner and he was claimed by New York today...

I mean Tallon... yeah we've gotta have faith in the guy... but you cant trade assets and then release the return you just got.

If you really wanted to tank, Vokoun shouldn't be in Florida.

I want to officially re-brand, for the purposes of this thread, the Tampa Bay Lightning as Montreal South.

4cae6826cb48d.preview-300.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom