National Hockey League 2009 - 2010 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #496
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:46 AM
It's weird, this is the first time I can remember where there's not a single team I absolutely despise in the final four. I have no problem whatsoever with any of these four teams winning the Cup. It's odd, because usually at this time I'm rooting against teams to win the Cup, although the team I'm rooting against usually ends up winning it all.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Blackesthawks looking pretty good this evening.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #498
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Blackesthawks looking pretty good this evening.
We might be on the path to war, my friend.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #499
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
It's weird, this is the first time I can remember where there's not a single team I absolutely despise in the final four. I have no problem whatsoever with any of these four teams winning the Cup. It's odd, because usually at this time I'm rooting against teams to win the Cup, although the team I'm rooting against usually ends up winning it all.
I'm in the same boat. I like all four teams. I don't know how I feel about that. It sorta makes things easier when you can root against someone...even though the usually win.

This made me laugh (http://www.lighthousehockey.com/):
"But one wonderful thing about the Flyers winning the first two games? Their fans singing the "Ole" song that Canadiens fans have adopted in recent years. It's great because: 1) The lyrics are elementary enough that Flyers fans can actually remember -- perhaps even spell -- them"
Old 05-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #500
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I feel the same way. Obviously I have a dog in the fight, but if the Flyers don't manage to finish the deal I'd really have no great issue with any of the other teams. I'd have even been fine with the Bruins, if they'd managed to close out the Flyers.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

So the team that took out the Pens and Caps finally made an appearance. What a relief. Let's hope they keep it up
Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #502
Blue Crack Addict

Game 4 is officially extremely important.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yep, and why the heck is it being played in the afternoon??
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #504
Blue Crack Addict

Because NBC doesn't give a shit about you or me.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Maybe not but the other games were played Saturday evenings

Oh, must be because NBC is broadcasting this particular one and didn't show the other ones.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #506
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Yep, and why the heck is it being played in the afternoon??
Because NBC are a bunch of nob's.
From what I've heard, the 1st two games of the Finals will be on back-to-back nights again.
Hated it last year (even though my Wings won both games) and if it proves to be true, I'll hate it this year.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #507
Blue Crack Supplier

there was a story on the radio the other day about Flyers fans shouting French slurs at Habs fans after game one - the two most vocal idiots were apparently wearing Briere and Gagne jerseys
Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #508
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
there was a story on the radio the other day about Flyers fans shouting French slurs at Habs fans after game one - the two most vocal idiots were apparently wearing Briere and Gagne jerseys
lol
Old 05-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #509
Acrobat

This obsession of Gary Bettman of trying to get the American attention about hockey is beyond me.You can have the game at 3pm,8pm,heck!even at 1am, they just don't care.They've had hockey on T.V. for over 40 years (so it's not like they don't know what it is already),they simply don't give a rat's a$$.

Hockey ratings in the U.S. have been in the toilet since i've been alive.Even with the 1980 miracle on ice,the sport hasn't catch up the imagination of american sports fan for a whatever reasons.Of course, in the original 4 U.S. markets you have a hardcore fan base,but if the local team is out of the playoff,they aren't paying any attention for the remaining of the post-season.

One of the complaints that U.S. sports fans have is that Hockey is not a good television game.How the hell Canadians don't have a problem with this sport on T.V. then?Is it because U.S. tv production crew don't have a clue of have how to translate this game for television?I doubt that very much.

The irony in all this is that 80% of the NHL franchise are based in America.It's like if 80% of MLB,NFL or the NBA teams were based in Canada.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoutnik View Post
This obsession of Gary Bettman of trying to get the American attention about hockey is beyond me.You can have the game at 3pm,8pm,heck!even at 1am, they just don't care.They've had hockey on T.V. for over 40 years (so it's not like they don't know what it is already),they simply don't give a rat's a$$.

Hockey ratings in the U.S. have been in the toilet since i've been alive.Even with the 1980 miracle on ice,the sport hasn't catch up the imagination of american sports fan for a whatever reasons.Of course, in the original 4 U.S. markets you have a hardcore fan base,but if the local team is out of the playoff,they aren't paying any attention for the remaining of the post-season.

One of the complaints that U.S. sports fans have is that Hockey is not a good television game.How the hell Canadians don't have a problem with this sport on T.V. then?Is it because U.S. tv production crew don't have a clue of have how to translate this game for television?I doubt that very much.

The irony in all this is that 80% of the NHL franchise are based in America.It's like if 80% of MLB,NFL or the NBA teams were based in Canada.
It certainly doesn't help that hockey went ahead and missed an entire season and still broadcasts most of its games on obscure television channels.

Too many teams in places like Florida, too. Probably should only be a 24 team league.

Tags
hockey, nhl