National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every goalie on the Flyers is injured, including those playing ... who are both career backups. And Niemi is a rookie, so yeah, that's a fair assessment.

Well, the point I was trying to make is that for years both teams have searched in vain for a legitimate number 1 goalie. So the fact that goaltending is less than stellar in the series hardly comes as a surprise.

Yeah, I'm with you.

I do not like the fact that everyone in Philly is basically assuming they're going to win tonight. That's rarely a good thing.

Oops, spoke too soon.

I'd like a Game 7, too - still unsure who to root for - I think I'd prefer a Blackhawks win but if Philly does, I can, at least, say my team lost to the Stanley Cup winner :hmm:

I'd root for the Blackhawks in Game 7 because a lot of my friends back in Chicago are pretty big fans. 4 of them are season ticket holders, actually.

just got home from the pool in time to see the flyers tie it!

And there you go. How many times as a child did I pretend to win the Stanley Cup with a goal in overtime? Countless times, maybe in the hundreds or thousands. I can only imagine what's going through the players' heads now. I would think many of them are recalling back to their respective childhoods and the number of times they had the Cup winning goal on their stick.

damn. that was a clean goal. not sure how the guy who runs the light missed it

It's fitting that Leighton lost the game, sort of like Brad Lidge losing the 2009 World Series.

Eh, that was not Leighton blowing it, that was a great pinpoint shot by Kane. Credit where credit's due, he made a fantastic play. The goalie can only do so much when the opponent's top forward has a completely open beeline directly towards the net.

Very exciting game. I'm happy with the way it all turned out, even though I would have preferred to see the Flyers win. The Hawks were very deserving champions and (other than Kane) seem to be full of classy guys who work their asses off.

Now it's normally time for my yearly one-month vacation from sports (I generally don't watch much sports between the end of hockey and the baseball all-star game) but since the World Cup starts tomorrow I guess I'll be continuing to annoy my wife by monopolising the television until at least next February :up:

So yeah, this is going to come across as the most obvious instance of non-Patriots bandwagoning in history, but I'm pretty fucking excited for the Blackhawks and want to procure a fan card. If it lessens the blow any, I have recently moved to western Indiana and was at a Cubs game tonight in Milwaukee when the Chicago finally slayed Satan a Philly team the Flyers, and the atmosphere was as intoxicating as Miller Park itself. It was fucking awesome. Furthermore, I've kind of fallen in love with the sport of hockey in general watching the Stanley Cup over the past couple of weeks, and I suppose most fandom is based on one isolated incidence of a team not sucking, so there you go.

Blackhawks, bitches.

Well, that was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. Nothing will top the '05 parade, but this was close. Time to go keep the train rolling.

Drinks! Music!

That's a strange move considering Carey Price kinda sucks.

I saw Halak @ the Coliseum this year dominate the Islanders. I asked some French dude behind me WTF was up with this guy. He ignored me for a minute, then blew smoke in my face and told me that Halak was good, and I was an English Pig Dog, which is funny cause I'm not really English, just a little bit, so I just laughed to myself while he wallowed in self loathing. I showed him. But Halak was a friggin wall and I was getting pissed cause the Isle's were playing pretty well.

That's a strange move considering Carey Price kinda sucks.

I saw Halak @ the Coliseum this year dominate the Islanders. I asked some French dude behind me WTF was up with this guy. He ignored me for a minute, then blew smoke in my face and told me that Halak was good, and I was an English Pig Dog, which is funny cause I'm not really English, just a little bit, so I just laughed to myself while he wallowed in self loathing. I showed him. But Halak was a friggin wall and I was getting pissed cause the Isle's were playing pretty well.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom