Muhammad Ali

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the craziest part (which I learnt like an hour ago) was that Ali threw in the towel; his trainer said no. Frazier wanted to keep going; his trainer said no. It was within seconds of being completely different.

But the sadder part is neither were the same from then on. No alarms, and no surprises.

Floyd Mayweather doesn't even come close.

Ali was considered the most recognizable person in the world for a large portion of his adult life. Not athlete, person. There will never be anyone like him again. he changed boxing with his persona combined with tremendous ability, then he changed the world with his beliefs and his personality. Its a shame that the last quarter century of his life was dominated by Parkinson's and kept him from displaying that personality as he got older.

Oh yes, I agree with all of this. Mayweather really only seems to care about money and himself. Whereas Ali had greater concerns. Boxing overall just hasn't been the same since Tyson bit Holyfield's ear in '97.

Keep in mind, when he was drafted, he was 25, correct me if I'm wrong, but at that time, most young men who were drafted were 18 or 19?

In 1966 the Army lowered its IQ test score requirement to serve, so previously ineligible people were not considered fit for service. Ali had missed the cutoff when he tested in 1964 by scoring too low, but was suddenly now eligible. You'd think an Ex Post Facto law would apply here, but apparently not.

Muhammad Ali boxing football player Lyle Alzado at Mile High Stadium.

This fight was briefly discussed on Alzado's A Football Life documentary for the NFL Network. Lyle Alzado was a crazy motherfucker for stepping in the ring with Ali. Even if it was "only" an exhibition match.

Muhammad Ali on Late Night with David Letterman in 1984.

CkGsr6gXIAAJ4Gk.jpg

[youtube]qrd3V9ZWOmQ[/youtube]

July 9, 1984.

Back
Top Bottom