MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh shit, how could I forget? The Mets. If they advance to the NLCS, then I'll start to get excited. Gotta keep things on an even keel with them. :wink:

Must be nice to have two favourite teams. Better odds at winning.

Well, the Yankees are my favorite team. If they're playing the Mets, I root for them. But, if the Yankees aren't playing or are done for the season (which hasn't happened since 2006), I root for the Mets.

Well, the Yankees are my favorite team. If they're playing the Mets, I root for them. But, if the Yankees aren't playing or are done for the season (which hasn't happened since 2006), I root for the Mets.

This is pretty much how I feel about the Phillies and Jays.

I'm hoping for a Blue Jays/Dodgers matchup, since this being Toronto they'll surely choke in catastrophic fashion and this way Chase Utley gets another ring.

Cubs are fucked. Go Cards.

Unless you're from St. Louis, you have to be a real sociopath to root for an asshole team like the Cardinals. I don't like the White Sox but I would still take them over the Cards.

That's weird. I don't know anyone who's a Cubs/Sox, Dodgers/Angels, or Giants/A's fan.

That's weird. I don't know anyone who's a Cubs/Sox, Dodgers/Angels, or Giants/A's fan.

Oh, I'm a freak. No doubt. There's a first for everything. :wink:

I've had my balls busted plenty on the various MLB threads here over the years, but I don't mind.

To make a short story long, here goes:

When I first discovered baseball in the late 1970's, I was a Yankee fan first. My family were Mets fans, though, having hailed from Corona, Queens originally. Finally, after years of going to only Mets games (we never traveled to The Bronx where it was perceived to be a war zone :wink:), I started to actually root for the Mets also. Especially when they acquired Keith Hernandez. I'm lefthanded and also played 1B. No worries, though, the Yankees had this guy named Mattingly who was pretty good also. During the 80's, I hated Boss George. His questionable decisions and treatment of Dave Winfield pretty much sabotaged the team. Thankfully, he got banned for 3 seasons and the Yankees were able to actually develop a great farm system, make smart trades and hire good managers which led to the dynasty years of the late 90's. Meanwhile, over in Queens, the Mets broke up the roster of great players they had in the 1980's and replaced them with a bunch of scumbags in the early 90's culminating with the debacle of 1993. I continued to follow them, of course, but a little bit of my Met fandom eroded as a result. Since then, I've favored the Yankees over the Mets.

It was actually more of a Tampa Bayish Toronto game.
David Price is 0-6 with a 5.23 ERA in his 6 post season starts now.

Last edited:
Speaking of Seattle, the ax has fallen on Lloyd McClendon after 2 seasons as the M's skipper.

Last edited:
^ When the Cubs lost I couldn't help but think of all the fuckin sad and pathetic Cubs fans in the world. And I smiled.

Not nearly as bad you're making it out to be headache and was made worse by the refs fucking up the call

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The call was bad, but the Mets' bullpen fell short regardless. A lot more could have been done to limit the damage.

I feel bad for Tejada. That was unnecessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom