MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda worried about the Jays playing the Rangers. Jays were 4-2 against them this year, but historically have a very had time playing in Texas. It's been 22 years since the Jays were in the playoffs. I don't know if my heart will be able to handle the tension.

And while it's really nice to see the Dome packed every night, I'm a bit pissed at all these bandwagon jumpers. Where were they when Jose Bautista hit 54 homers, or Roy Halladay was the best pitcher in MLB for most of a decade? I was at games with 10,000 people in the stands. And while they were never really in contention, they were always competitive and had a handful of really good players, and always at least one great one.

Too busy obsessing over the Maple Leafs and their decade of futility, I guess.

CC is checking himself into rehab for alcohol. :sad: This sucks. While, obviously, he wasn't having a good season, he was pitching decently down the stretch. Plus, he was one of the leaders in the clubhouse. Things must have been bad for him though considering the timing. Hopefully, things work out well for him personally.

He lives in LA now

So you're saying the weather's even better?

Seriously though... of course there are douchey Met fans. And Nationals fans. And [insert team name here] fans.

And yea, attendance suffers when teams do poorly everywhere except for Wrigley, and that's just because they're all drunk.

Fans are fans. Most are fine, some are dicks.

We can all agree on that, and we can also agree that Cardinal fans are the worst.

Good. We didn't have a championship roster at any point this season (maybe a little while before spring training), but what we had was talented enough to contend. The mismanaged bunch of headcases that saw the field every day was a combination of injuries and Matt Williams' incompetence. Especially with regards to bullpen management. Holy shit, the guy once intent walked into Lucas Duda, who was batting .450 in that particular situation. Yeah, they scored.

Also, the ENTIRE staff was fired, not just Williams. Bud Black is the likely replacement for Williams.

Last edited:
I want the Cubs to lose so bad tonight that I can't even sleep.

Didn't you get the memo? bono212 has left the building.

Plus, it would have been funnier if you said that you wanted the Cubs to lose so badly that you have a boner. Like Merkle's Boner. Get it? Merkle's Boner! I kill me! :lol::lol:

Cubs have hit into two double plays already, which is unfortunate. They could be up by a couple more runs.

Really hoping Arietta doesn't pull a Clayton Kershaw and choke on a dick before this game is over, though I guess a true Kershaw move would happen against the Cardinals in the NLCS...

I agree. Out of the Cubs division rivals, I've always liked the Pirates the most, and was really bummed back in 1995 when they lost game 7 of the NLCS to the Braves with a throw to the plate in the bottom of the 9th.

Fuck the Cardinals forever. And their fans. If they eliminate the Cubs and the Dodgers (yet again) I'm going to be in a world of pain.

Cubs/Cardinals is an infinitely more intense rivalry series than Pirates/Cardinals, so that's another reason for me to be happy about how this game has gone so far.

With the Yankees out of the picture, I'm pretty alright with whoever wins the AL. A Yankees/Cardinals WS would have been horrible.

Our top 10 attendance figures suggest A LOT of people wouldn't mind seeing us go all the way. :wink:

Actually 2.6 million (5th in the NL) is not too shabby.

Meanwhile, LA was 1st with 3.7 and everybody's favorite team (Cards) was 2nd with 3.5.

Then, of course, Yankees, 1st in the AL.

I'm not trying to argue that the Yankees and Cardinals aren't in the upper echelon of MLB teams with regards to popularity. But unless you're a fan of one of those teams or a television executive, I'm not sure why you would root for that matchup.

Cubs/Astros would be a terrific matchup of young teams that could usher in a new powerhouse. Also, they're very familiar with each other. Cubs/Jays would involve the two hottest teams going. Wouldn't mind the Dodgers either just because I'm living here, but I couldn't care less about them in general.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to argue that the Yankees and Cardinals aren't in the upper echelon of MLB teams with regards to popularity. But unless you're a fan of one of those teams or a television executive, I'm not sure why you would root for that matchup.

Cubs/Astros would be a terrific matchup of young teams that could usher in a new powerhouse. Also, they're very familiar with each other. Cubs/Jays would involve the two hottest teams going. Wouldn't mind the Dodgers either just because I'm living here, but I couldn't care less about them in general.

No worries. I didn't get that impression at all. I like to see fresh match ups too. Although, I think the last time it was Yanks/Cards was 1964. Then, the Yankee brass fired Yogi as manager of the team after his first season. But anyway, I definitely get your point. Representing the AL East, I'd wanna see Toronto in the World Series. Not sure about the NL yet. My only love for LA is Mattingly. I'd like to see him win the World Series. Of course, there's the Cubs and the shadow of 1908. The Cards are the Cards. Wouldn't be surprised if they went to the World Series.

Back
Top Bottom