MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huge return for the Phillies. Relief pitchers are in super high demand because of the Royals defense.
The Phillies have so many young arms coming up and Giles is such a luxury for a rebuilding team, so this trade made a ton of sense. I'm pleased. I like the Rule 5 kid Goeddel we plucked from Tampa as well. And neither Tirado nor Tocci were taken in the Rule 5, so this week really could not have gone much better.

With the signings of Zobrist and now Heyward, the 2016 Cubs have gotta be the best team in baseball on paper and they still have all their valuable trade chips.

I was so distracted by Springsteen tickets, I missed this until my sister called me hyped as fuck.

This should be fun.

I hope.

Yeah, ask the 2015 Nats about being the best team in baseball on paper.

The Nats had Jayson Werth and were expecting big contributions from an injury prone Zimmerman and Rendon. Kinda obvious what happened to that team. Cubs have the depth to fill the holes should anyone fall off a cliff.

Heyward was always going to pick the Cubs. Our culture is somewhere between toxic and nonexistent, we're perpetual underachievers and our manager played during the Lyndon Johnson administration. Papelbon would have Heyward in a headlock by the second week of spring training.

None of this is to say that the team itself is terrible, but I don't know what would attract a player here over an exciting young team like the Cubs unless the contract was spectacular.

Last edited:
The Nats had Jayson Werth and were expecting big contributions from an injury prone Zimmerman and Rendon. Kinda obvious what happened to that team. Cubs have the depth to fill the holes should anyone fall off a cliff.
Yeah and if the bullpen has some issues they can always trade for Papelbon.

$23 Mil a year for a career .268 hitter with a .784 OPS who averages 16 HR and 59 RBI a year. Crazy money, yet Nats and Cards apparently offered more.

He's a bit of a product of the overvaluing of defensive metrics, but the Cubs are flush with cash so it's not that big of a deal. Plus, hey, flags fly forever.

Fire the GM for this shitty roster construction.

CWRrEx1UsAACiOn.png

I mean, you play Han Solo in center while you have a guy that can actually fly in LF? Come on now.

Also, Darth Vader or Yoda should be pitching. Imagine the late movement on those splitters.

And sorry, but you have to play Luke up the middle. And it would be good if your catcher had arms.

According to Pete Rose, he's a good guy.

Interesting press conference, though.

Obviously, it's a shame that Pete is banned from baseball considering he is the Hit King as well as having other credentials that make him Hall of Fame worthy. To me, gambling on baseball when you're involved in the game is way worse than any player who has been linked to PED's. A player who is taking PED's is at least trying to make themselves a better player in an effort to improve and/or win. Whereas a gambler involved in baseball (like a player or coach) is possibly looking to manipulate the game or outcome for financial gain.

Shit, I can't believe I forgot about this.

Pete Rose holding his press conference in ...Las Vegas. Oh, the irony. :lol:

You wanna be friends with Baseball, Pete, but Baseball wants nothing to do with you. You're like an ex-husband that needs an annual restraining order.

His turn as a playoff analyst for FS1 could not have helped things. The first game he was on he basically called all the players pussies for getting injured.

Even though I think he should be a Hall of Famer, Pete hasn't done himself any favors by being a massive douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Man, if we can follow this up by grabbing one of the big remaining outfield names out there...my body will be ready.

I mean, you play Han Solo in center while you have a guy that can actually fly in LF? Come on now.

Also, Darth Vader or Yoda should be pitching. Imagine the late movement on those splitters.

How do you have someone MAYBE two feet tall covering a gap?

Yeah idk, at his age I don't know how Yoda is in the starting lineup. Good guy to have on the bench as veteran experience, though.

Literally the only two that make sense are chewy at first and r2d2 at home. The rest need to move around.

Back
Top Bottom