MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's all about tonight, obviously.

Mets win tonight and all of a sudden they've got Chris Young's old tired ass Saturday followed by Harvey and DeGrom on their regular rest, where they are much more efficient with their location.

The Royals are a great contact team, no doubt... but the mets pitchers gave them a little too much credit through the first two games and didn't play their games. It's almost as if Harvey giving up the inside the park homer on the first fastball of the series spooked them away from relying on their fastball primarily, and working their secondary stuff off of the fastball.

I don't expect that from Thor. I expect him to come out firing and touching triple digits, then working the off speed stuff off of that.

If it's still "death by singles"? Hey, tip your hat to the better team. But if you're going to go down, go down with your A stuff.

But yea... win tonight and the momentum shifts considerably thanks to the matchups.

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

The Mets kicked ass last night and the atmosphere at Citifield was electric with the Piano Man in the house. Kevin James looked pretty good with the beard too. :wink: I'm sure he'll be there tonight watching fellow Ward Melville HS alum, Steven Matz, on the mound.

That's great! Should be a perfect night for the Fall Classic. The kid's living the dream right there. Hometown boy gets to pitch for his hometown team at home in the WS.

Matz apparently slept at his parents house last night and is driving in from the Island. Pretty cool.

Got myself a pair of tickets for tonight on the first base line just outside the foul pole, a couple rows back

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Your kid's first Halloween and you're not carting him around trick or treating?
Shame.

He who lives by the Murphy dies by the Murphy.

Not often you see an NLCS MVP become a World Series goat.

Yeah, he's pretty much a DH hiding in a fielder's clothes. Last night's game was the 2nd one in this Series that the Mets let get away. Can't do that to a team like KC.

The subtitle was World Series or bust. A lot of folks chose "bust".

Give KC an inch and they will take a mile. Terry Collins will be thinking about his decision to keep Harvey in all offseason if the Mets lose this game. Plus, not scoring more runs will also piss you off.

Who is this Royals team that just won the World Series? I could have sworn the Mets were the only ones competing.

The Royals were the ultimate comeback kids this year. The Mets simply could not contain them. Shitty defense doesn't help either.

The Royals were the ultimate comeback kids this year. The Mets simply could not contain them. Shitty defense doesn't help either.

The Royals play very good baseball. Regardless if they're ahead or behind. Good old style baseball. Definitely a team that can come back from nearly anything.

I liked both teams this season, honestly I would have been pleased with either team winning, but as a fan of contact hitters, I can't deny how much I like watching the Royals style of play.

Next year should be exciting, I expect some close races.

Well, this year you can say that the Royals played great baseball. They lost last year, improved this year, made it back to the World Series, and won in 5 games. Plus, in the final game, they scored 7 unanswered runs from the 9th inning on. The Mets played well too, but I think the long layoff between the NLCS and the WS cooled off their mojo.

1 lead in the 8th inning, 2 leads in the 9th. All losses, keyed by mistakes.

Just an absolute blown opportunity, and if this group never gets back to this point they'll be kicking themselves forever.

Mets had the lead in 86% innings played in this series and lost in 5. The Royals are aggressive. They don't give up. They make great contact. Blah blafucking blah. The Mets have nobody to blame but themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom