MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, when you're pissed off and shitfaced after a humiliating loss, turning over some cars and starting some fires can seem like a rational thing to do. :wink:

And with the Cubs losing, you can now resume not giving a shit about Back to the Future: Part II. (I liked Part III more anyway.)

Congrats, Headache!

Well, when you're pissed off and shitfaced after a humiliating loss, turning over some cars and starting some fires can seem like a rational thing to do. :wink:

Don't. Just don't.

If they didn't after 2003, why would they now? Don't embarrass yourself being an ass. Chicago isn't exactly known for sports riots. Fans stayed til the bitter end. There were no controversial calls, it wasn't even a close game. No one is rioting. There's just no reason to.

Congrats, Headache. Very happy for you. No problem saying the Mets played a great series. Hope they win it all. I especially hope it manages to be against the Jays, too. Should be a lot of fun either way. The Mets fielding was really phenomenal during the series. Not to say the pitching want good, but the Cubs were making contact, there just ALWAYS seemed to be a Met right there to stop it.

I hope the Cubs make some smart, great moves in the off-season. No knee-jerk reactions, please. A pitcher, maybe a catcher, and a couple better bench players might be good.

If I were to pinpoint a turning point in the post season, I'd say it was Russell getting hurt. A lot of plays defensively that Baez missed I'm pretty confident Russell wouldn't have. Probably looking at a Gold Glover in a year or two.

I also hope that the older Rizzo gets, the more he matures as a captain. He started to lose his cool early in this series and that translates.

But, in general, no real complaints. The holes are pretty clearly exposed, but they can be fixed. The Cubs can definitely return next year, and possibly for the next few.

I'm happy, overall. I'm so excited to see what happens next.

But first, World Series, bitches!

Oh, and if Montero is going to remain a catcher with this team, I hope to God he stops double clutching on throws to third. His batting average may be in the tank, but there's certainly reasons to admire a catcher like Ross for his defense.

Shit, if I were a Cub fan, I'd be disappointed, of course, that they lost, but feeling great about next season and beyond. This was Maddon's first season as Manager and he took them to the NLCS. Pretty good.

Naturally, when a sentence is punctuated with a :wink:, it means I'm joking, but I am MrPryck2U. There is a reputation to uphold. Yes, your team lost, but life does go on. And no they didn't riot in 2003. Probably because they were too busy making Steve Bartman's life a living Hell. :wink:

Fuck the Mets.

No matter which team wins the ALCS it'll be the hardest i'll be rooting for any team in the WS since 2009.

I hope they go down in a spectacular Hindenburgian ball of shit-flame.

Just letting it all sink in...

We're 4 wins away, and it really all depends on our pitchers pitching to their abilities.

I cant... fuck. I knew they'd be good, and I knew they'd have the pitching to pitch deep into October... I just honestly thought that their offense would ruin it, until the Uribe/Johnson and then Cespedes trades. Now? All bets are off.

For fucks sake... we're in the world series! !!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Hahahahahahahahahahaha Cubs.

Fuck off and die.

Get the fuck out of my life.

Kill yourselves.

Fucking choke on a broom you fucking pathetic pieces of shit.

Kiss my whole ass.

Fuck the fuck off.

And die.

And be sad.

Talk about "Oh, this is just the first of many years! We'll get back there! It's ok!"

Haha yeah right.

It ain't that easy, you fucks.

This was probably your best chance. And you got your shit pushed in. After your dipshit fatass catcher moved to the outfield and looked like a drunk, retarded Chris Farley trying to catch a baseball. In the NLCS! After your "untouchable" "ace" looks like a god damn steroid-boosted basic ass pitcher with an attitude problem. After one of your regular catchers can't hit a beachball (Look Edge! A beachball!) and the other catcher can't stop a ball or throw. After your superstar first baseman looks like a pressure-beaten pussy. After your 200 million dollar lefty looks like the shaken has-been he is. After your Cuban phenom slugger looks like a fool who's scared of a little cold weather and would look out of place fielding fly balls in double A. After your legendary wizard manager HITS HIS FUCKING PITCHER IN THE 8 HOLE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fuck off and die forever.

Your dumbass fans can celebrate winning a playoff series like it means anything. It doesn't mean dick. You're sad and you always will be and you can fucking bury your sadness in the crack of my ass.

I'm so glad to see you die.

I love to watch you die. And I always will.

Get drunk.

So this is what ten seasons of White Sox baseball does to a guy.

Last edited:
After your legendary wizard manager HITS HIS FUCKING PITCHER IN THE 8 HOLE.

I will agree with Angry GAF on this point.
Most overrated aspect of the Cubs is Wine Glass Joe. He's not the great guru everyone makes him out to be, and he showed in Tampa that he wilts in the spotlight.
Theo is building something there, but I think they have the wrong guy at the helm to win it all.

Christ, GAF. Your "haha, I'm drunk so I can be an asshole" shtick wore out it's welcome a long time ago. You're trolling, and it needs to stop, now.

It's not a shtick. I'm not trolling. That's how I actually feel. I'm not playing some character. I didn't personally attack anyone here. I attacked a sports franchise that I consider to be a huge rival and a fun and easy target. Everyone in here knows I hate the Cubs, and have known for a long time. Have you followed these baseball threads over the years? What's really the difference between the countless posts from people saying "Fuck (insert team here)" and what I said? I rambled a bit, and maybe had some more colorful language. But it's the same thing. I hate the Cubs, I'm glad they lost, and I expressed that on a public forum that I've been posting on for years.

Did someone complain about my post to a moderator?

Last edited:
It's not a shtick. I'm not trolling. That's how I actually feel. I'm not playing some character. I didn't personally attack anyone here. I attacked a sports franchise that I consider to be a huge rival and a fun and easy target. Everyone in here knows I hate the Cubs, and have known for a long time. Have you followed these baseball threads over the years? What's really the difference between the countless posts from people saying "Fuck (insert team here)" and what I said? I rambled a bit, and maybe had some more colorful language. But it's the same thing. I hate the Cubs, I'm glad they lost, and I expressed that on a public forum that I've been posting on for years.

Did someone complain about my post to a moderator?

You don't see anything even a little slightly overboard in your post? Especially knowing that there are some Cubs fans here?

Next time you feel like posting a drunk rant, don't.

Mattingly is gone.

I can't imagine we don't give him an interview very soon. Not that he strikes me as the guy to win us a pennant, but quite a few fans seem enamored with the possibility.

Last edited:
Overall a very good season considering how it started. The rotation and the bullpen need some work but things are looking up for next year.

This. If I had asked every legit Blue Jays fan I know back in March if they would be happy getting to game six of the ALCS this season they would have taken it 100% of the time. And it seems that most of the non-bandwagoners see it that way too now that the feelings from the game itself are a little less raw.

Their pitching was exposed by a killer lineup. If they can improve that in the off season (middle bullpen especially) then look out for next year.

Now back to being a bitter Phillies fan. Let's go Royals. #muckthefets

Nothing like Bartolo Colon and Chris Young gutting it out in an extra innings World Series game.

Back
Top Bottom