MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Second glance at it -- didn't realize Hernandez was 26 I thought he was 28 or 29. Guess that's a pretty sweet lockup then.

Fucking Lars Anderson. We have that dude now. I hope he figures it out.

Also, as I'm sitting here contemplating baseball, I remember that the Blue Jays have a damn good team on paper. I think I subconsciously tried to erase that Marlins/Jays trade from my memory. Fuck.

My early predictions for 2013 playoff spots.

AL East: Toronto
AL Central: Detroit
AL West: Anaheim
Wild Card: Tampa Bay
Wild Card: Oakland

NL East: Washington
NL Central: Cincinnati
NL West: San Francisco
Wild Card: Atlanta
Wild Card: St. Louis

Damn, the Indians get Bourn.

Good move, and I wish he wasn't coming to the AL Central. Indians will have a completely new look outfield in 2013: Bourn, Stubbs, and Swisher. Solid. There are weaknesses there, of course, but that's still the best looking Cleveland outfield in years.

Hold on one moment:

Seattle putting Felix deal on hold due to elbow "issue" discovered during an MRI.

Except not really. Because nothing was ever officially announced by any side. There has been no official statement from agency nor team. So there's no "on hold" about it.

Damn, the Indians get Bourn.

Good move, and I wish he wasn't coming to the AL Central. Indians will have a completely new look outfield in 2013: Bourn, Stubbs, and Swisher. Solid. There are weaknesses there, of course, but that's still the best looking Cleveland outfield in years.
My friend who is a Cleveland fan is very excited.

They still don't have any starting pitching whatsoever, so they'll likely still suck, but the lineup looks to be pretty good:

I think Carlos Santana is primed to break out one of these years. I like Kipnis. Asdrubal Cabrera is a good player. Reynolds will hit 30 bombs. And the aforementioned outfield.

Well, they were able to get him on the (relative) cheap because, as I understand it, there were questions coming up about his mechanics and whether or not he could keep pitching the way he pitches at the big league level.

Bauer, as I understand it, was compared to Lincecum. And he has some strange workout routines that AZ tried to break him of. But being a wealthy young man, he pretty much told the coaching staffs to fuck off. So he wasn't really in the ins with AZ anymore.

Except not really. Because nothing was ever officially announced by any side. There has been no official statement from agency nor team. So there's no "on hold" about it.

Except yes really. Bottom Line, the M's are concerned with his elbow so the deal that hasn't been announced officially has been unofficially put on hold.

Except yes really. Bottom Line, the M's are concerned with his elbow so the deal that hasn't been announced officially has been unofficially put on hold.

And now, after not being on hold (since it was never confirmed by anyone in the know), the deal has been announced. For the first time by either side on the negotiation. :wave:

And now, after not being on hold (since it was never confirmed by anyone in the know), the deal has been announced. For the first time by either side on the negotiation. :wave:

Congratulations! Glad everything worked out for King Felix. Hopefully, the M's can reach the playoffs during his contract. :wink: :wave:

Yeah, and once his contract will be over, he'll almost be old enough to sign a ten year deal with the Yankees!

Yeah, and once his contract will be over, he'll almost be old enough to sign a ten year deal with the Yankees!

I like your style, tourist! I know personally that when A-Rod is too overwhelmed to count his money that he spends large amounts of time staring fondly at his 2009 World Series ring. That ten year contract of A-Rod's was Boss George's way of making sure that they would remember him long after he died. I suppose when Felix gets overwhelmed counting his money, he can at least stare fondly at his Cy Young trophy.

Your MLB 2013 over/unders from Vegas:

T-1. Detroit Tigers - 90 wins
T-1. Los Angeles Dodgers - 90 wins
T-1. Washington Nationals - 90 wins
4. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - 89.5 wins
5. Cincinnati Reds - 88.5 wins
6. Texas Rangers - 87 wins
T-7. New York Yankees - 86.5 wins
T-7. Toronto Blue Jays -86.5 wins
T-9. Atlanta Braves - 86 wins
T-9. San Francisco Giants - 86 wins
T-9. Tampa Bay Rays - 86 wins
12. St. Louis Cardinals - 85.5 wins
13. Oakland Athletics - 83 wins
T-14. Arizona Diamondbacks - 81.5 wins
T-14. Philadelphia Phillies - 81.5 wins
16. Chicago White Sox - 80.5 wins
T-17. Boston Red Sox - 79.5 wins
T-17. Milwaukee Brewers - 79.5 wins
T-19. Kansas City Royals - 79 wins
T-19. Pittsburgh Pirates - 79 wins
21. Cleveland Indians - 77.5 wins
T-22. Baltimore Orioles - 76.5 wins
T-22. Seattle Mariners - 76.5 wins
24. San Diego Padres - 74.5 wins
25. New York Mets - 74 wins
26. Chicago Cubs - 72 wins
27. Colorado Rockies - 71.5 wins
T-28. Miami Marlins - 64.5 wins
T-28. Minnesota Twins - 64.5 wins
30. Houston Astros - 59.5 wins

I'm taking the under on Houston

That number could have been 6 and I would have taken the under

I like your style, tourist! I know personally that when A-Rod is too overwhelmed to count his money that he spends large amounts of time staring fondly at his 2009 World Series ring. That ten year contract of A-Rod's was Boss George's way of making sure that they would remember him long after he died. I suppose when Felix gets overwhelmed counting his money, he can at least stare fondly at his Cy Young trophy.

Yeah, well, once Felix is a Yankee when he's 38 and is pressured to start juicing like New York stars are, maybe he can lead the team to artificial World Series titles too!

Back
Top Bottom