MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with pretty much all of this. This is a move that should lay a nice foundation for years to come, while taking a bit of a step back this year by thinning their pitching staff.

And I like the discussions, too. Who wouldn't?

For the record dude, I never said "why are we talking about this trade?" and I never did any marching. Plus, I probably discuss the Yankees as much you discuss the Phillies. Tourist was working himself into a tizzy and then you interjected halfway through.

You're not very good at figuring out tone on the internet, are you? If you think I was working myself into a tizzy.... :lol:

And exactly how many of those picks were made by Andrew Friedman?

He's been there since when, 2004 (in different functions)? A decent chuck of the bad picks are his.

Listen, I'm not saying they don't have a good organization. They are probably the best, or top-3. I'm just saying that they are far from infallible, and as for many others there is a significant record of failure as well. A similar point can be made about AA in Toronto.

He's been there since when, 2004 (in different functions)? A decent chuck of the bad picks are his.

Listen, I'm not saying they don't have a good organization. They are probably the best, or top-3. I'm just saying that they are far from infallible, and as for many others there is a significant record of failure as well. A similar point can be made about AA in Toronto.

True. Because infallibility is improssible. They just come closer to infallibility than many other GMs.

Oh, and Friedman was the Director of Player Development in 2004-2005. Doesn't sound like the title given to a guy who makes the draft picks. He became GM in 2006. Really, his only bad high pick so far is Beckham.

When someone puts words in caps, tone isn't hard to determine. Plus, I'm sure you weren't even getting started.

You're sure? Heh. Cute. Wrong, most assuredly. But cute nonetheless. I was putting words in caps to emphasize them. In the future, I'll just use bold or italics to emphasize things for you so you don't mistakenly think that am in a tizzy or whatever the hell you said.

You're sure? Heh. Cute. Wrong, most assuredly. But cute nonetheless. I was putting words in caps to emphasize them. In the future, I'll just use bold or italics to emphasize things for you so you don't mistakenly think that am in a tizzy or whatever the hell you said.

Hey, I've got no problem with your passion for the game. Baseball is my favorite sport and that will never change. I'd suggest you stay away from caps. Comes off like you're yelling. The Rays have been perennial threats in the AL East for the last several years and I just felt that this trade wasn't gonna change that too much. This all started because I just asked why we're supposed to give a shit about the Royals. The Royals' GM throws a press conference like they just traded for Albert Pujols or something. Who knows how long Shields is even gonna be with the Royals? My criticism was more with the Royals.

The Phillies have reportedly offered Josh Hamilton three years, $80 million. Basically taking the Seattle offer of three years and throwing extra money at him.

Did Seattle actually make him a 3 year offer, or is that reporter speculation BS? I know the Seattle front office is pretty darn tight-lipped about nearly everything. Anyway, I don't know that I'd want to see Hamilton in Seattle. Dude's gonna be expensive and isn't exactly a sure thing with his age and history.

The Phillies have reportedly offered Josh Hamilton three years, $80 million. Basically taking the Seattle offer of three years and throwing extra money at him.

Perhaps a silly question, but do you want him on the Phillies? Given his baggage and health.

Perhaps a silly question, but do you want him on the Phillies? Given his baggage and health.
I think the best bet is Cody Ross. Gives you a right handed bat with solid pop. He's what I want.

I have very mixed feelings about any potential Hamilton deal. I will say this: the fewer years, the better.

What about the reports of possibly Alfonso Soriano and a good portion of his salary paid for in exchange for Dom Brown?

Am I ever glad I paid only $20 for my Red Sox Youkilis jersey (back in 2007 or so, when he was still an undervalued player).

i hate his batting stance, but he was a good fantasy player for me a few years back.

and i hate rodriguez more

What about the reports of possibly Alfonso Soriano and a good portion of his salary paid for in exchange for Dom Brown?
Hate it. I understand the point: if they cannot get a right handed bat like Ross or Swisher (who I believe is switch), they want a power righty in some capacity. But Soriano is 12 years older, and Brown has quite a few years of dirt cheap club control ahead of him.

The Tribe just made out great in that Arizona-Cincinnati-Cleveland trade. Appears to be...

Arizona gets:
Didi Gregorious
Lars Anderson
Tony Sipp

Cincinnati gets:
Shin-Soo Choo
Luke Donald

Cleveland gets:
Drew Stubbs
Trevor Bauer
Matt Albers
Bryan Shaw

The Tribe also just had one of its own traded to NYC so a good day all around.
THIS GUY, I call him Dr. Whatley, because he likes to make a good Jewish joke.

2011-October-3-20-34-5.jpg

Wow. Not a good trade for Arizona at all. Unless Gregorius turns into Andrus.

Back
Top Bottom