MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting that he's so certain the Rays are also doomed, but he's likely right.

I'd love to see Indy get a baseball team, but I suspect that allegiances would be too torn between the cubs/sox/cardinals /indians/reds for it to survive.

the tourist said:
Giancarlo Stanton won't get traded. At least not while he's making less than a million per WAR.

Man, the more I look at this deal the more I realize the Marlins were just had. They couldn't even get Arrencibia if no d'Arnaud? They couldn't get the best pitching prospect in the Blue Jays system?

It's not about being traded. He's on contract year. Good luck locking him up now...

I wish the fucker would just sell the team.

Say what you want about Miami and being able to support a team and blah blah blah but I guarantee you if this didn't happen and they stuck to the one or two year restructuring of the roster this team would continue to have a modest/mediocre showing.

Next year? They're fucked. Bring someone in who isn't a total asshat. I want to trade Loria. And that little shithead David Samson.

I gotta say, I don't understand how something like this happens.

How do you screw up winning two world series that close together?

There's absolutely no reason why that franchise should be struggling, and for the life of me, I can't understand the decisions they have made over the last decade or so.

But that's just me.

I gotta say, I don't understand how something like this happens.

How do you screw up winning two world series that close together?

There's absolutely no reason why that franchise should be struggling, and for the life of me, I can't understand the decisions they have made over the last decade or so.

But that's just me.

98144774.jpg

Speculation has it they're trying to flip Escobar as well.

Please do, I don't want that scumbag in Miami.

Word also has it they're shopping Ricky Nolasco. That would please me.

They might as well dump Morrison and Stanton for high prices now while they still can. Those guys won't want to be here when their contracts are up, and chances are their obligations and contracts with this team will be fulfilled right around the time when any of this horrible unbalanced trading starts to 'pay off'.

Eliminate one of the farm teams and move everyone up one level!

Seriously though. The Marlins currently have $0 committed to the 2014 payroll!

If they trade those guys you just listed, their most well-known player this season will be Greg Dobbs.

Trade his ass too.

The Marlins are going to suck for the next two to three years, and there's nothing that can be done now to avoid that. After that, when maybe they might be getting better? Dobbs wont be here. Stanton wont be here. Morrison wont be here. None of those guys want to be a part of this franchise. The only people who want to be a part of this franchise are those who need an opportunity to prove themselves as talent.

This isn't a rebuild. It's a rebirth. The team is the momma and it needs a new fucking daddy because he's a no good piece of shit.

Well yeah Lomo doesn't have a ton of value but he has very little value to a last place team as a Marlin for the next two years and arbitrarily zero value considering I guarantee he doesn't want to be here afterwards.

What I'm saying is... Lomo's value is highest right now as a Marlin by virtue of the direction of this franchise.

Stanton's value obviously holds, but the quicker you move him for prospects, the quicker those prospects will be MLB ready. And as in the same case above, Stanton's value as a Marlin is nothing considering there's not a chance in hell he will want to be here. He's already made it clear, he's pissed off.

Well yeah Lomo doesn't have a ton of value but he has very little value to a last place team as a Marlin for the next two years and arbitrarily zero value considering I guarantee he doesn't want to be here afterwards.

What I'm saying is... Lomo's value is highest right now as a Marlin by virtue of the direction of this franchise.

Stanton's value obviously holds, but the quicker you move him for prospects, the quicker those prospects will be MLB ready. And as in the same case above, Stanton's value as a Marlin is nothing considering there's not a chance in hell he will want to be here. He's already made it clear, he's pissed off.

If they really are going to burn it down, they should trade Stanton now and keep LoMo in the hopes that he stays healthy and hits 25 homeruns next season. Then his value will be much, much higher than it is now.

So far this is one of the more interesting offseasons. Tigers upgraded their poor outfield defense today replacing Boesch with Hunter.

Much as I love baseball, I admit to a lot of ignorance. So, please forgive me for this question if it's completely stupid, but...

...doesn't Selig have a say in who buys a team? If Loria ran the Expos into the ground, why would anyone allow him to buy another?

I'm pretty sure Loria acquired the Marlins in the same transaction that be sold the Expos. They still existed at the time, so despite the fact that he drove them into the ground it's much more hindsight now. Easier to assess that from here than it was back then, probably.

Back
Top Bottom