MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In order of preference: Yankees, Nationals, Reds, Athletics, Giants, Orioles, Tigers, Rangers, Braves, Cardinals.

The schedule for the division series is pretty ridiculous this year. The #1 seeds will play their first two playoff games on the road in locations that they will not know until Friday night (while the Wild Card winner doesn't have to travel). I know this will be corrected next year, but it's a weird way of compensating the #1 seed.

I see that ref who got fired from the Lingerie Football League is back in action.

Seriously, if you have to wait 7 seconds to decide if the ball is catchable with ordinary effort, it's not catchable with ordinary effort.

This isn't a joke?

protest.gif

this is what people say is the Ump signal for a game under protest

That was Josh Hamilton last game in the Rangers uniform.That dropped ball in Wednesday's game in Oakland kicked him out of town.

I'd be surprised if the Mets ponied up. Aren't they more in a rebuild mode? I have to imagine that he'll probably wind up somewhere unexpected.

LUNEDEMINUIT said:
That was Josh Hamilton last game in the Rangers uniform

Good riddance. I haven't hated a Ranger like this since Brad Wilkerson.

The Rangers will miss those 40+ home runs he brings to the table every year, but he's likely hit his ceiling and lost focus at the end of the season. It's a contract year. It would be smart of the Rangers not to strangle themselves with a blockbuster deal for him, and Hamilton wants to get paid.

I'm glad Tito is back. He made mistakes last year and perhaps had to go, but he deserved way better than what Red Sox ownership served him last year.

Can anyone tell me why the team with the better record plays its first two games on the road?

Am I still living on planet Earth? What the fuck is happening?

Back
Top Bottom