MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leaving them loaded in the first and second is not the best to start this game

Picture of Jeter's ankle below. Not pretty.

2rot7p0.jpg

Good thing there are so many other clutch hitters in the line up right now so they can absorb this inj...oh, wait...

I don't think any of the struggling hitters are getting a free pass. APud is always going to get the brunt of it because he's APud.

I almost went to bed before the bottom of the 9th. I wish I would have. Those extra 2 hours of sleep would have been great.

Here's what it looked like the last time Derek Jeter wasn't in a Yankees' playoff lineup:

1 - Wade Boggs, 3B
2 - Bernie Williams, CF
3 - Paul O'Neill, RF
4 - Ruben Sierra, DH
5 - Don Mattingly, 1B
6 - Dion James, LF
7 - Mike Stanley, C
8 - Tony Fernandez, SS
9 - Randy Velarde, 2B

Here's what it looked like the last time Derek Jeter wasn't in a Yankees' playoff lineup:

1 - Wade Boggs, 3B
2 - Bernie Williams, CF
3 - Paul O'Neill, RF
4 - Ruben Sierra, DH
5 - Don Mattingly, 1B
6 - Dion James, LF
7 - Mike Stanley, C
8 - Tony Fernandez, SS
9 - Randy Velarde, 2B

fucking mariners

I'm gonna be really irritated if a team that recently won a World Series wins another one. By that I mean I will be annoyed if Detroit does not win.

i know sanchez threw a no hitter a few years back, but christ the yankees are making another tiger pitcher look like cy young

Good. Seeing as Detroit is my second favorite team (loads of family including my dad being from there), always happy to jinx a perfecto. Of course, I don't believe in jinxing things anymore. Used to. Stopped.

the moment sutcliffe mentions karoda's pitch count, boom! lead off double

it's over

if mom can throw an offspeed pitch with her foot, she could give leyland a 1-2-3 inning

Back
Top Bottom