MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miami is gonna start Fernandez on Sunday due to two pitchers being placed on the DL (Alvarez and Eovaldi).

A few months after the house cleaning, what's the vibe/thought now? Is there hope for the future, lingering disgust....just curious.

I wish I knew what your average Yankee fan was feeling....I know that for me, after all these years of success, it would not bother me if they cut bait, let Cano walk and rebuilt and started over....but I have to be in the minority there, surely. I'd point to YES' ratings/ad sales as a reason they might feel they HAVE to at least compete, but they sold off a huge chunk of YES and might sell it all eventually. I guess I'm just ready for anything. I hope they pleasantly surprise me and contend, but I just don't see it, not in that division, with those injuries and age.

And I'll state one last time that my Strasburg obsession is unhealthy. I cannot wait for his first start.

I love baseball.

A few months after the house cleaning, what's the vibe/thought now? Is there hope for the future, lingering disgust....just curious.

Still lingering disgust. There's hope for the future, but not like the last time. The last time this happened, we already were filled with our own awesome prospects and got ripened prospects in return. This time, we've gotten decent guys in return who aren't showing the world of promise. And our own prospect pool contained a total of two or three players considerable for future lineups, none for the present though. That being Yelich, Fernandez, and Ozuna I guess.

I figure it's a big cycle. Stanton is the Cabrera equivalent this time around. Break the cycle by holding onto him. Not likely, but I'd love to see it happen. We held onto Hanley, which I was happy about. Don't be mistaken, the Hanley trade was due whether or not we were selling house. He needed to go. He was awful.

Still lingering disgust. There's hope for the future, but not like the last time. The last time this happened, we already were filled with our own awesome prospects and got ripened prospects in return. This time, we've gotten decent guys in return who aren't showing the world of promise. And our own prospect pool contained a total of two or three players considerable for future lineups, none for the present though. That being Yelich, Fernandez, and Ozuna I guess.

I figure it's a big cycle. Stanton is the Cabrera equivalent this time around. Break the cycle by holding onto him. Not likely, but I'd love to see it happen. We held onto Hanley, which I was happy about. Don't be mistaken, the Hanley trade was due whether or not we were selling house. He needed to go. He was awful.

Thanks.

I've read some interesting pieces on Loria the last few weeks and was curious.

Stanton seems to still be disgusted but hopefully he moves on and becomes a mainstay.

Holy shit. Jose Fernandez is going straight from A+ league to the MLB? I hope this doesn't completely destroy his development.

He is sitting in the #5 spot right now and obviously getting skipped through the first rotation. He's gonna be sent down as soon as he can be, I'm sure. Just... both Alvarez and Eovaldi went out. And Turner was really bad in Spring Training.

Back
Top Bottom