MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer the blue shirts. Those are the batting practice uniforms IIRC.

Alt Blue Jersey:

124968302_display_image.jpg

Batting Practice Jersey:

Starlin+Castro+Chicago+Cubs+v+San+Francisco+8Lvs6YUZ1RGl.jpg

Four homers in his last five at-bats. Yeah, that's pretty damn good.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT IN CHICAGO.

Derrick Rose, Gordon Beckham, Jay Cutler, Patrick Kane, Javier Baez.

I'm not sure how I feel about "I'm going to swing at the first fast ball I see", but it's working ok so far.

Congratulations to the Dominican Republic for defeating Puerto Rico last night in the World Baseball Classic. Jose Reyes looked like he was in mid-season form.

The yanks also moved to shore up the pitching staff by signing Frenchdog Vase Penis. A great move.

Chin Ming Wang? :wink:

Regarding the Vernon Wells trade, I've heard that the Yanks might only have to pay 13 million of the 42 million Wells is owed in the next two seasons. That wouldn't be too awful. :wink:

Paying $13 million for two years of Vernon Wells after scoffing at paying Nick Swisher is certifiable. And I'm not even a particularly big fan of Nick Swisher.

I have my FANTASY draft coming up in a highly competitive league that I really care about. I have the third overall pick.

I have basically no doubt that the first two picks will be Trout and Cabrera. I'm not going to draft either Braun (a cheat and a liar and I just don't like him) or Cano (where's the protection?).

I'm leaning heavily toward taking JUSTIN VERLANDER with the pick. And I feel good about it.

What do you guys think?

I've been stuck with the 4th pick just outside those big 2-3 (Cano not worth it at 4). I've taken Verlander in both drafts. If you can't have MVP position players, take the MVP pitchers. That's just my take though.

Verlander would be a pretty good pick. All things being equal, though, I'd always take a hitter at a premium position over a pitcher. I'd suggest Buster Posey as a possible alternative pick.

If you can snag both you'd be lucky. That's what I tried to do. Didn't work though. But I obviously that depends on league size.

I have yet to successfully complete a full season of Fantasy Baseball. Maybe this is the year.

I've never done fantasy baseball except for in the mid-90s with two of my brothers and three of their friends. But we never had the subs or anything like they have nowadays and we chose quite a few stats to use and had them weighted for importance. It'd be fun to do again someday.

Fox broadcaster, Tim McCarver, has announced that he will retire after the 2013 season. I liked him earlier in his career, but as the years have gone by, he's gotten worse. I'm glad he's finally hanging up his headset.

Probably the best news for the Mets, actually... Terrible for Johan, who was a great guy and all, but this means the Mets will have to bring up the kids quicker. Johan pitching and doing well may have kept Wheeler down another month or so.

Yeah, it's not like they're not used to him being out, but you wanna get your money's worth from the player. This will be the 2nd entire season that he'll miss in 5 years. That blows at 20 millionsomething a pop.

Curt Schilling said something to the degree that it's likely that Santana's career is over. With the injury in question, I'd say that's a likely scenario.

Yeah, it's not like they're not used to him being out, but you wanna get your money's worth from the player. This will be the 2nd entire season that he'll miss in 5 years. That blows at 20 millionsomething a pop.

With all the money the mets have blown over the past decade, paying Johan to half heartedly rehab for a season before ultimately retiring is not a big deal.

Shit... They're still paying Bobby Bonilla.

looks like there is white smoke from fenway on jackie bradley jr. he's gonna start opening day.

Back
Top Bottom