MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once someone is in the HOF, does it really matter how many ballots it took?

Well, they all say that after they've been inducted. Until then, I'm sure the waiting sucks. I'm sure a guy like Reggie Jackson would have been really pissed if he didn't get inducted in his first year.

Well, hopefully this debacle will lead to a reform in the voting process. If you don't induct Mike Piazza to the HOF, how can you take it seriously?

Greg Maddux is up for enshrinement next season...if he's not a first ballot inductee then I really don't won't know what to say...Glavine and Frank Thomas are eligible next season as well.....

I do not understand Biggio not getting in.

Maddux and Glavine are no brainers I would think. Frank Thomas had muscles, so the writers might link him to steroids too. :doh:

So strange to me that a 3000 hit guy doesn't get in, first ballot.

That's the fucking rule, spoken, unspoken, whatever. Come on. The Astros suck, and I was never a huge Biggio fan, but a 3000 hit guy gets in.

Greg Maddux is up for enshrinement next season...

Piazza is my favorite athlete ever, pretty much. It'd be a tight race between him and Favre, but Favre hasn't done himself any favors in the last few years. Maddux is definitely in my top ten. SO, here's hoping for Maddux for a first ballot, hope Piazza gets in next year.

Greg Maddux and Pedro Martinez are my two favorite pitchers that never wore pinstripes. If either does not get in first ballot then I pull a Liam Neeson on every single person that did not vote them in.

I was thinking, WHAT ABOUT RANDY JOHNSON?!?!?!?! but then I remembered he played for them.

I was thinking, WHAT ABOUT RANDY JOHNSON?!?!?!?! but then I remembered he played for them.

But even if he hadn't played for the Yanks, I was never a huge fan. I mean, dude was amazing and his career was insanely good but I was just derived more pleasure from Maddux or Martinez. Same with Clemens, pre-Yankees.....

Remember, I'm not raking cats here, just talking about the joy of watching these cats pitch for me personally.

Maddux will not only be a first ballot inductee next year, but he'll get 95% +. Only the holdouts who say that Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb etc never got 100% of votes won't vote for him. It'll be a response to this year's vote, cause nobody has any thoughts that Maddux ever did PED's (and with that marvelous body one can see why), and he was one of the top 3 pitchers of the past 25 years (with Pedro and Clemens, though obviously Clemens' legacy is tainted).

Glavine gets in but with less votes than Maddux, probably about 80%, will be fitting that they are inducted together.

And Biggio will make it next year barely.

Frank Thomas probably not because he was a 1 tool player and as Prycky said, there may be some who suspect him...he'll probably get in in a few years, but not first ballot.

How about the person who voted for Aaron Sele? :doh:

This vote should let Alex Rodriguez know for sure that he's got no chance of ever being voted in.

Which is terribly stupid. The veterans will vote a lot of these guys in anyway.

After seeing what the Mariners would have had to give up, meh. Taijuan Walker is going to be something special and Nick Franklin is a darn good hitter for a middle infielder.

The 2012 Detroit Tigers was one of my least favorite baseball teams of all time. They played such ugly "baseball" it boggled the mind. That being said, I'm optimistic and excited for the 2013 model.

Staff:
1. Justin Verlander
2. Doug Fister
3. Max Scherzer
4. Anibal Sanchez
5. Rick Porcello/Drew Smyly

Can you imagine hitters having to face Verlander's power arsenal then have to go against Fister's location pitches the next day only to face Scherzer again the day after? Difficult.

Lineup:
1. A Jackson CF (R)
2. T Hunter RF (R)
3. M Cabrera 3B (R)
4. P Fielder 1B (L)
5. V Martinez DH (S)
6. A Dirks LF (L)
7. J Peralta SS (R)
8. A Avila C (L)
9. O Infante 2B (R)

I'd love to see the Porcello/Hardy trade materialize along with finding another piece for the bench and bullpen, but this is a solid team.

Very solid, plus, you now have the Astros to beat up on....so even if some team usurps the Central title from you guys, a wildcard berth should not be unrealistic, especially with the East and West teams beating the crap out of each other.....

Good to see you around here, by the way....we both seem to come and go so glad our paths managed to cross. :)

Back
Top Bottom