MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm. I trust the guy I heard that from, though he did call it a "well kept secret."

Hey, if they secretly couldn't stand guy, then they a terrific job of pretending to like him. In the four seasons that he was on the team, I never heard or read a negative comment about him personally. Although, perhaps not everyone could handle his energy. Lol! Whenever there was a charity event on or off the field, he was one of the guys you would see involved.

Yeah, gotta agree with Pryck here. No idea what was said behind closed doors, but I cannot recall one example where a teammate said something bad about Swisher, or even an example of anonymous criticism. That being said, he seems like the type who annoyed certain other types....but whatever. He was a pretty fucking productive Yankee, and while he sucked ass in the postseason I'm sorry to see him go.

I've heard that all his Yankees teammates couldn't stand him. Ever heard anything in that vein?

Yes, I have heard plenty of rumors in that vein. White Sox fans know them all too well.

Most feel that is why we traded him after only one season. He got on the nerves of several people in the clubhouse, especially Ozzie.

That being said, I've always been a big fan of the Swish, and I think he's the type of guy that can come in and give a jump start to a team that needs it.

His first year with us: We make the playoffs
His first year with the Yankees: Yankees win the mo'fuckin Series

Perhaps his act wears thin after a while, but he's proven that he can help a team win, at least at the start.

:shrug:

So who's gonna get traded first: Justin Upton or Giancarlo Mike Stanton?

Upton. They can afford to cash in on him and remain competitive. Miami won't trade Stanton till his club control is close to used up.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're both traded within a year, each to one of the 3 or so teams that has the prospects in their system to land them. Wild guess is Upton goes to Seattle and Stanton goes to Texas.

I'd be fine with dealing Profar for Stanton, which is saying a lot considering the raging chubby I've got over Profar's game. Upton would be nice too, but if it takes Profar, I'd be more reluctant.

Yeah, I'd assume it'd have to be a pretty big overpay from Texas to get Stanton. But only Texas, Seattle, and St. Louis (considering Tampa Bay probably wouldn't trade Wil Myers since they just acquired him) would have a shot at Stanton due to the depth of elite prospects those teams have. My guess would be Profar, Olt, Buckel and a PTBL like Nick Williams is what it'd take from Texas. Walker, Hultzen, Nick Franklin, and Montero from Seattle. Taveras, Miller, Rosenthal, and Wong from St. Louis. And then each team would probably have to throw in some low-minors, low floor/high upside guy.

I'd love to see Stanton be held, but naturally I know he doesn't want to be here and will bolt the minute he gets the chance to. Of course... if you're able to make him sign a ridiculous extension then that's the only thing the Marlins can try and do I guess.

Yeah, they'd sign him to a massive extension that's 8 years and 160 million and years 1-4 are all less than 5 million and years 5-8 are in the upper 30s. Guess when Stanton would get traded by the Miami Lorias!

Today is the day. Who do you think will be announced as the new inductees into the baseball HOF? I would think Piazza and Biggio. Should be interesting.

The Hall Of Fame is getting to be pretty stupid. The PED thing is horse shit.

The Hall Of Fame is getting to be pretty stupid. The PED thing is horse shit.

I agree, but the voters waited a year to induct Robbie Alomar because he spit in an umpire's face. They didn't want to give him the honor of being a first ballot HOFer. Perhaps the voters just didn't want to give Piazza, Bagwell or Biggio that honor either.

This whole "first ballot-worthy" question is just as stupid as the hypocrisy involved with the steroids.

Agreed. I think these voters get a little too power hungry. I could understand the Alomar situation because what he did to the umpire was pretty scummy and MLB only suspended him for 5 games. Piazza's name has never been linked to steroids. Why penalize him?

I don't care what anyone says about PEDs: Clemens and Bonds deserve to be in the Hall.

Back
Top Bottom