MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that Escobar or Nolasco will command much of a return seeing as Nolasco is overpaid for what he does and Escobar is coming off less-than-stellar season. Morisson would bring back more than either. Stanton would bring back twice as much as all three combined.

Escobar will bring back something of value, even if it's not that much. Nolasco wont bring back anything other than 'something' in physical form. He's useless, and the only teams that will want him are the ones who need someone to eat innings with a #5. Don't forget though, he's on a contract year and he does have pitching ability. Roller coaster piece of shit.

Stanton probably has one of the highest prices in the league, so I can imagine they'll hold off on trading Stanton right now because nobody wants to pay the Marlins full price in the middle of a fire sale.

I think most teams would pay full price for Stanton despite the fire sale.

So I think the Mariners are linked to almost everyone and will sign/trade for no one. They were linked to Napoli and Martin. They've been linked to Hamilton, Swisher, Bourn, Bay (barf), Justin Upton, Billy Butler, Alex Gordon, and Wil Myers.

I'd be more than happy if the Mariners jettisoned some of their minor league pitching for some combination of guys like Gordon, Myers, Upton.

As long as he's a free NRI, I don't care. He's basically a free Chone Figgins.

Including the buyout, Haren is getting paid pretty well for a guy with injury concern coming off a very down year.

Rumor floating around right now that the Phillies and Diamondbacks are talking about a Justin Upton-Cliff Lee trade. The Phils would have to send some money along since Lee's deal is so ridiculous.

I like the signing. Because it is only three years. They need some power in that lineup, and he should be able to provide that, especially at Fenway where he has historically done well.

Yeah. Even considering age and defense, a big improvement over James Loney.

NSW, how do you feel about the Yankees making an offer to Youkilis? There is probably not one player I dislike more than him. Ugh.

Hm. Mariners might be getting the Dutch Oven? Very interesting thing, there.

If I could root for Wade Boggs or Johnny Damon I can root for this prick. Reluctantly. I wish they'd have kept Chavez.

I will be funny when Joba throws to third if he is standing right there.

Chavez at 3 million was much better than Youkilis at 12 million, I thought.

I guess that all depends on what the Phillies send back. I'm thinking the Rangers want to shed payroll, so they'll take pretty much nothing in return. That would free them up to pay for Greinke, Upton, and Hamilton. So holy shit, Phillies, don't do it!

From what I understand, the Phillies would send a reliever and Texas would pay $10-12 million of the $16 million he's owed. I hope the Phils send Schwimmer. He blows.

Also, the deal is done but now it is up to Young to waive his NTC.

Back
Top Bottom