MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about baseball but I was watching the news on this Alex Rodriguez guy that did steroids for a few years. What will happen with his stats, awards, or playing career because of this? Surely they must deduct something or he'll be penalised to some degree.

I don't know much about baseball but I was watching the news on this Alex Rodriguez guy that did steroids for a few years. What will happen with his stats, awards, or playing career because of this? Surely they must deduct something or he'll be penalised to some degree.

Nothing is going to happen to any of his statistics. But, people will always place a mental asterisk against his career #'s.

I think it's nice that Junior Griffey will be ending his career back in Seattle. Seems appropriate. Very circle of life.

Hey guys, guess what? The Mets (specifically, Francisco Rodriguez) say they're the team to beat in the NL East again this year! :happy:

You know...except for the blowing two enormous leads in September for two consecutive years and having the defending World Fuckin' Champions in their division.

I love the parallels between the New York Mets and the Dallas Cowboys. Full of star players and the best teams around on paper, but couldn't win a fucking cake walk at a county fair when it comes to crunch time :lmao:

Okay, so I used this post as a good excuse to rag on my two least-favourite teams on earth. But seriously, the Mets need to STFU with this "team to beat" thing, at least until they actually show that they are, you know, the team to beat.

Now back to your regularly scheduled buttocks injection.

ETA: Griffey in Seattle :up:

I think it's nice that Junior Griffey will be ending his career back in Seattle. Seems appropriate. Very circle of life.

I think it's awesome. You know what would be even awesomer? If he manages to DH long enough to catch Barry Bonds. Won't happen, but it would be pretty damn cool.

(And yeah, I know "awesomer" isn't a word)

let me just state once again now that spring training has begun that manny ramirez, the greatest RBI guy of our lifetime, is still a free agent.

So is the best pitcher I've ever seen...though Pedro's not that guy anymore while Manny probably still is. I wonder how much of it is Manny holding out because Boras blew a bunch of 4 years, 100mil sunshine up his ass, and Manny bought it. I can't believe the Mets didn't at least kick the tires...who are they running out there in LF this year, Church? That Murphy dude? Did I miss a signing of theirs?

I think it's awesome. You know what would be even awesomer? If he manages to DH long enough to catch Barry Bonds. Won't happen, but it would be pretty damn cool.

You never know. 39 in a DH capacity is still pretty young. Though I think he'll split time between DH and LF. I just hope that if he plans to continue playing much longer that he'll suck up his pride and make the move to 1B/DH.

Griffey should DH every day. There's really no reason for him to be playing in the field anymore.

This is not to say that he doesn't have the ability to play the field anymore. Because he does. He made a hell of a lot of great defensive plays after we picked him up last year, including throwing a runner out at the plate in game 163 of the season. I just don't think he should go out there anymore. Sit in the DH slot everyday and keep adding to your 600 + home run total without risking an injury diving for a flyball.

While typing that I realized maybe the Mariners don't have three solid everyday outfielders other than Junior. Do they? His playing the field might be a necessity, after all.

The M's have Ichiro in right, Gutierrez in center, and either Griffey or a platoon of Endy Chavez and Wladimir Balentien in left.

endy chavez is no starter.

he'll be a fan favorite off the bench... and he'll do well off the bench to the point where you'll want him to start, but that's a mistake. he's a pinch hitter and defensive replacement.

nothing more. even a straight platoon is too much for him. trust me on this one... endy gave me some great memories, but he's not even a semi-regular player. he's very good at being on the bench, the M's should keep him there.

Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting, too. He's having one more go 'round, back where he started, and then he'll hang 'em up at the end of the year.

By the way, Zoney, are your Twins gonna sign Joe Crede or what? I don't know if I'll be able to watch Joe the Hero go against us 19 times a year in a Twinkies uniform.

By the way, Zoney, are your Twins gonna sign Joe Crede or what? I don't know if I'll be able to watch Joe the Hero go against us 19 times a year in a Twinkies uniform.

I don't know. The talks have been on-going.

Oddly, I thought of you when first saw that the Twins were talking to Crede. It would be fun to see him up against the sock in a Twins uni.

He may just be that one run producer they need who would have been the difference between 67-95 and outscored by 140 runs last season and an easy World Series title.

I saw that sarcasm. You're just biased against the west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom