MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
winter meetings.

43696644.jpg

:drool:

And the first rat officially leaves the sinking ship that is Los Angeles of Western Arizona/Southern Oregon/Northern Mejico/Eastern Fiji.

With more to follow.

This guy really knows how to suck the air out of a home crowd...good luck, good riddance...by the way guys, he wants his own dugout; not a team player and that's been for the past couple years...

7b2782d5-bc55-4fa5-8727-d7a22dcf6196-7b2782d5-bc55-4fa5-8727-d7a22dcf6196.jpg

And the first rat officially leaves the sinking ship that is Los Angeles of Western Arizona/Southern Oregon/Northern Mejico/Eastern Fiji.

With more to follow.

I can has Mark Teixeira plz?

This guy really knows how to suck the air out of a home crowd...good luck, good riddance...by the way guys, he wants his own dugout; not a team player and that's been for the past couple years...

Really? 62 saves and you're saying good riddance? Interesting. This is a helluva move for the Mets.

He's definitely an upgrade for the Mets' bullpen, but Rodriguez was arguably the 5th best closer in the AL last year.

This move is like plugging a pipe at both ends when the leak is in the middle. The Mets still need to get from their starters to Rodriguez, and that is where their biggest problem was last year.

I'd much rather have Lidge than Rodriguez.

Good move for the Mets. You gotta start somewhere, and that's not at all a bad way to do it.

..by the way guys, he wants his own dugout; not a team player and that's been for the past couple years...

That's the thing about closers....they are in the bullpen clubhouse until the seventh, warm-up, pitch the ninth and go home. Who needs a dugout?

I just hope this could help Santana win a few more games. :)

Really? 62 saves and you're saying good riddance? Interesting. This is a helluva move for the Mets.
Really...yes, really, I'm 6 miles from the park and can hear the groan from here whenever he came in...NOT a fan favorite...I want you to tell me he's a good move for the Mets after this season...for your sake, I hope he saves 63 but he's still an ass. You see the Angels TRIED REALLY HARD to keep him...

Can someone explain to me why the Cubs are going after Peavy, especially with Sabathia leaving Milwaukee?

Pitching is not the problem, in my estimation. Most teams would kill for a Zambrano/Dempster/Harden/Lilly rotation. They can get rid of Marquis and STILL have an intimidating lineup.

It makes more sense to me to get two big left-handed hitters.

Apparently the Cubs #1 priority is to acquire a left-handed hitting outfielder. But, yes, they're also pursuing Peavy. And, if they have the money to do both, why not? Peavy's a stud.

The rumor is that the three-team Peavy trade would include the Cubbies sending DeRosa to the Phillies or the Twins. I know a bunch of people who will be very pissed off if the Cubs trade DeRosa. That guy has somehow become a big fan favorite.

We'll see. I'm not convinced that Sabathia will work out well.

ditto that - he's a guy that's thrown a ton of innings and doesn't appear to have the best physique.

The Yankees now need to go sign AJ Burnett for 5 years and maybe get 16 starts out of him.

The big man C.C. has been his doin his thing for 8 years now. I see no reason why he would just all of a sudden stop being a badass pitcher next year.

You're right, he's struggled so far in the postseason. But he'll be back in October soon with something to prove. I just have a very hard time believing that Sabathia turns out to be a bust in New York. You pointed to his innings and his physique...the dude has been pitching around 200 innings a year every year this entire decade. Hasn't slowed him down. And he's had the same physique since he came into the league. Hasn't hurt him. He's still a fucking beast...every year. The guy is the model of consistency and he's only 28.

We'll see, of course. But I say you can book C.C. for another typical C.C. season in the Bronx.

I just wonder if the Steinbrenners will still let him wear his hat all cocked to one side.

Apparently the Cubs #1 priority is to acquire a left-handed hitting outfielder. But, yes, they're also pursuing Peavy. And, if they have the money to do both, why not? Peavy's a stud.

The rumor is that the three-team Peavy trade would include the Cubbies sending DeRosa to the Phillies or the Twins. I know a bunch of people who will be very pissed off if the Cubs trade DeRosa. That guy has somehow become a big fan favorite.

I'll be one of the pissed fans.

Sure, they have the money to get Peavy, but again, pitching isn't the problem. I think the last two playoff appearances suffered from weak bats more than anything else.

If the Red Sox signed CC, Sox fans would sing a different tune, GAF. That's just how it works. If we sign Lowe, it'll be a mistake, but if they do, great move. It works in reverse as well, of course. CC might not work out for the length of his deal, but anyone that feels like he will not pitch well the next few years is kidding himself.

Did I just read that the Mets traded for JJ Putz? Wow, they're not fucking around with the 'pen.

Did I just read that the Mets traded for JJ Putz? Wow, they're not fucking around with the 'pen.

Sean Green's not too bad himself. If JJ's in top form, the Mets will have the best 8th-9th inning punch in the game.

I'm just looking forward to the SEVEN guys we (Seattle) got in the deal. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom