MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Redding's deal is for 1 year, $2.25 million -- for that price, you could do a lot worse.

I was about to question the signing, but, yeah, at that price, can't really find fault with it at all.

Fucking Smoltz to the Red Sox. You just know the guy will remain injury-free and kick-ass at age 42. I have a lot of respect for that guy and do not look forward for him getting amped up against the Yanks.

Boston also picked up Rocco Baldelli and Takashi Saito on one-year deals...the bench/bullpen look so much better than they did just 2 weeks ago assuming all these guys are somewhat healthy.

eating innnings is great, but giving up 5 runs in 6+ innings every start isn't an ideal situation either.

redding is better than you're giving him credit for... is he an ace? of course not... is he the answer? the saviour? no and no... but he's been relatively healthy, eats innings and could even potentially be a long man out of the pen if one of the young kids catches fire in spring training... something the mets have desperately been missing since they let darren oliver go. all redding needs to do is keep the team in the game every 5th day... a 5th starter doesn't need to win the game himself.

as long as they add another top of the rotation guy... lowe, perez, perhaps take a chance on ben sheets... then this move is a good one. of course if they don't get one of those guys and redding ends up moving into the #4 slot in the rotation, then i agree with you, it doesn't make sense. but i think omar will certainly add someone else... he has to.

if it were up to me i'd go sign lowe, and then see if i can get bet sheets to agree to a low gauranteed salary that's loaded up with a bunch of incentive based bonuses that are based around him staying healthy. he's a top 10 pitcher in baseball when he's healthy... which, of course, never happens.

well, well, well....the Mighty Marlins have thrown their hat into the ring by talking w/ Pedro.

I say "He's all yours !"

upsetting as i wanted lowe, but his demands were too high, and i wouldn't have wanted the mets to give him what the braves did. he's good, but not that good. 4 years and 60 mill for lowe is just ridiculous. giving lowe 15 million per at age 39 is something i'm glad the mets won't be doing.

i think the mets have to turn their attention to perez and sheets... sheets' value continues to plummet. sign him to a one year deal with easily attainable performance (i.e. durability) based insentives... and then lock up perez as well.

redding can become the long man out of the pen and the insurance policy when sheets, inevitably, gets hurt.

You're gonna need to watch it cause next time the Yankees and Tigers meet, I'm gonna be dropping a LOT of Billy Chapel knowledge on you.

He dominated game one of the 1984 World Series.

The 1987 playoff loss broke his heart (me too billy. I hope Minnesota gets nuked.)

Today, ladies and gentleman, in the shadow of the nation's Capitol, a White Sox fan becomes the most powerful man in the world.

It brings a tear to my eye.

Mets sign backup IF Alex Cora and sign Freddy Garcia to a minor league deal...I think both could be nice pickups.

Here is my prediction: Luis Castillo will have a solid season. When I say "solid", I mean like 125 GP, .280 BA, 17 SB....The pressure is on, he gets blasted in the media daily and booed every time he gets up to the plate. Now that we have a younger and healthier backup plan, I think he's gonna step up a bit.

The Garcia move could be nice. I'd trust him more than Pedro or many other #5 pitchers in the league.

Kudos to you, Mr Minaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom