MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boras has another team out there willing to go 4 yrs/$100MM

i'd be surprised if he has a team willing to give that much this late in the game.

i think he's trying to milk the dodgers.

if i were a contender i'd try and swoop in with a ridiculous 1 year 30 million dollar deal and plug him into my lineup in a heartbeat.

I think Manny is just too much of a goofball to bother with steroids. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been clean the whole time.

I don't know, I just get that feeling about him.

I agree. I'd be shocked if he ever took anything.

And, also agreed with Headache on just how confounding it is that he's not wearing someone's uniform yet.

i honestly think boras is holding out hope that one of the two new york teams jumps in last second and will go back to the dodgers in a week or so if that doesn't happen.

in all honesty manny doesn't need to sign with anyone until after the WBC... it's a loophole this year. many teams will be without their stars until the WBC is over, so manny can just work out with the DR team and come in to camp right after it with whomever he signs with and not miss a beat.

I wonder how many teams called on Manny, with at least semi-legit offers. All I've heard was Dodgers, Giants, and a bit of Nats talk that I don't think was ever confirmed. And I half-think Boras made up the Giants stuff.

I wonder what Manny Ramirez thinks of the new U2 album.

I heard he digs the music but says Thom Yorke has a girlie voice.

Manny has signed with the Dodgers for 2 years 45 mill.

And in other news, one of the guys in the hunt for our starting 2nd base job looks like he's about 12 years old. So we'll see how that works out.

According to Newsday, its 6-8 weeks.

But, I saw over at Yahoo that it could possibly be 10. Either way, it sucks. He's one of the Yanks best players.

It makes no sense to me when people tell me I should support Toronto teams because they are my "local" team (this goes for the Jays and Raptors). Halifax and Toronto are as far apart as New Jersey and Chicago. :slant:

If anything, Boston teams are my "local" teams, and you would have to hold a butterfly knife to my ball sack before I would support the Patriots, Bruins, or Red Sox.

Of course they're that far away, most of Canada contains absolutely nothing. That's why Canada fails, and is going to get its ass invaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom