MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't give a shit if A-rod or anyone else took steroids or not.

Yes, I am naive for believing that A-rod's been clean with the Yanks and I'm going to continue to be naive.

There's more names on this list and frankly I don't give a shit to hear the rest of them. I don't care if there are players from the BoSox, the Mets, The Phillies, etc. We're talking 2003 here and the freakin' Marlins won the WS that year. I'm sure, there could be a number of Marlins/former Marlins on the list too. I still don't give a shit. You still got to hit the ball.

We're living in the Steroid Era. I wouldn't be surprised, if at one point in time, every player who might've played from like 1987 to 2004 was on the goddamn juice. You still gotta hit the ball or throw it in the strike zone. You still gotta get 'er done! The players are the ones that have to deal with their secret. If you got away with it before there was testing, good for you. You can only play with them for so long before your body starts to really break down. Like Jose Canseco and Big Mac. Those guys missed a lot of time due to injuries when they were in their prime. Barry Bonds was in his 40's by the time he started missing some serious time, but you could chalk that up to age too. But, it also looks like that was when he was really hardcore about his PED's. If A-rod were juicing while he was with the Yanks, I think we would've seen him miss a large number of games due to his body breaking down from the abuse. But, we haven't yet.

the body breaking down thing flew 10 years ago. steroids and PED's are much more advanced now. mcgwire broke down because of the stuff he was taking made his muscles too big for his body.

the PEDs today are almost muscle specific, designed in high tech labs to avoid detection and to not make your body break down.

there are PEDs to make you slimmer, less bulky... i.e. to look less like a juice head. a-rod was taking one of these.

there are PEDs for strength, for endurance, for quickness, for bulk, for getting cut, for faster rehab... for everything. you are true that you still need to do the work. the PEDs more or less allow you to work out on what you're trying to work on for a longer period of time.

it's like taking creatin or protein shakes and then not working out... you're just gonna be a giant fat ass. you still need to put the work in... in actuality it's not really a shortcut as people call it. guys on PEDs usually do more working out, not less. the shortcut is in that you achieve your desired results quicker because you're able to workout twice as often with a fraction of the recovery time.

February 10, 2009 - mark it on your calendar, folks: the first time DaveC and Headache have ever agreed 100% on anything having to do with baseball.

day_the_earth_stood_still.jpg

Getting back on topic, my Texas Rangers have signed OF Andruw Jones and RP Brendan Donnelly to minor league contracts. If it hasn't already been stated we also signed Omar Vizquel for the utility role and brought back RP Eddie Guardado.

Getting back on topic, my Texas Rangers have signed OF Andruw Jones and RP Brendan Donnelly to minor league contracts. If it hasn't already been stated we also signed Omar Vizquel for the utility role and brought back RP Eddie Guardado.

Let me know when they sign Sheets, cos that's what you guys really need.

Let me know when they sign Sheets, cos that's what you guys really need.

We're not signing him. They came to an agreement last week (a 2-year deal I think). But when the team doctors evaluated him, they found some sort of injury, elbow I believe, so the deal fell through. Sheets might have season-ending surgery to correct it.

Sheets should just give up. he can't get out of bed without straining a hip flexer or tearing his labrum. that dude has bad genes and/or bad luck.

We're not signing him. They came to an agreement last week (a 2-year deal I think). But when the team doctors evaluated him, they found some sort of injury, elbow I believe, so the deal fell through. Sheets might have season-ending surgery to correct it.

Which is unfortunate for both sides, because you guys, in the worst way, need some real starters.

Ryan Howard is focusing on his defense, which is good. He lost 20 pounds in the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom