Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did his fourth new stance of the season help him get that WAR up to 2?

Last edited:
I'm not hugging anything Mets right now. Long after we're done getting our season skullfucked by them, maybe.

The disappointment I feel with this team is difficult to convey. How can a team with so many winning seasons be such losers? It's incredible.

25 years since the '94 strike began. A heartbreaking strike for numerous reasons. Took a few seasons for the fans to fully return. Some never did. Let's hope that shit never happens again.

Somehow in the last month or so, Jon Lester and Kyle Hendricks have been stinking up the joint, while Yu Darvish has become the most reliable pitcher on the Cubs' staff.

Maybe we are living inside a simulation.

Almost a year to the day when the Cubs fucked us over with a walkoff grand slam, putting a nail in an awful season.

Harper got his revenge with another team.

the orioles have given up 258 home runs this season.

they are now tied for the MLB record.

there's still six weeks left in the season.

showImage

If the Mets are able to keep this up and make the playoffs, I have to believe they have a great shot at winning it all. The schedule over the next three weeks is absolutely brutal.

Going to be a crazy end to the season in the NL.

Edwin Diaz was good last year. Probably the new ball has something to do with his issues. I think all Mariners fans would gladly accept him back for, like, Dee Gordon or something.

It’s not much of a leap. His slider is his out pitch. The new ball impairs pitchers’ ability to locate the slider. Opposing batters are destroying it because he can’t locate it. Opposing batters realize he can’t locate it and start sitting on the fastball. Opposing batters destroy the fastball.

I’d be glad to have him back.

Fuck that new ball shit. Diaz isn't pitching well. The Mets should give him another season to turn it around, though. And if he continues to underperform, sure, ship him back to Seattle. :wink:

It’s not much of a leap. His slider is his out pitch. The new ball impairs pitchers’ ability to locate the slider. Opposing batters are destroying it because he can’t locate it. Opposing batters realize he can’t locate it and start sitting on the fastball. Opposing batters destroy the fastball.

I’d be glad to have him back.
Come pick him up, then. You can have him.

He's hardly the only pitcher who throws a slider as his out pitch. He's not just bad, he's atrocious.

Seven blown saves, seven loses, 14 homers.

he's using a different ball, tho, so it's cool

Guess which season has the highest Slugging Percentage and ISO in history. Guess which season has the highest homeruns allowed per 9 innings by 11% over the second highest.

I’ll give you a hint: it’s not the steroid era.

But yeah, I’m sure Diaz went from one of the best three relievers in baseball to replacement level for some completely different reason.

Guess which season has the highest Slugging Percentage and ISO in history. Guess which season has the highest homeruns allowed per 9 innings by 11% over the second highest.

I’ll give you a hint: it’s not the steroid era.

But yeah, I’m sure Diaz went from one of the best three relievers in baseball to replacement level for some completely different reason.
Dude he didn't go from good to mediocre. He went from good to absolute garbage. That's more than just the baseball. His strikeout rate is actually higher than it was last year. It's much more likely that he's doing something that's tipping his pitches.

Dude he didn't go from good to mediocre. He went from good to absolute garbage. That's more than just the baseball. His strikeout rate is actually higher than it was last year. It's much more likely that he's doing something that's tipping his pitches.

The only real difference in his main peripherals is homeruns allowed. His xFIP is in the low 3s. Is it impossible to think that someone who is now struggling to get a grip on the ball would give up more homeruns? Is it a stretch to think that due to not locating it where he wants it, where it would go in the past with the old ball, that he would give up more homeruns?

Also, his whiff/K rate on sliders has dropped dramatically.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/edwin-diaz-621242?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

And -0.1 fWAR is not trash. It’s replacement level.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=14710&position=P

Trash would be this guy:

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7466&position=P

Last edited:
The only real difference in his main peripherals is homeruns allowed. His xFIP is in the low 3s. Is it impossible to think that someone who is now struggling to get a grip on the ball would give up more homeruns? Is it a stretch to think that due to not locating it where he wants it, where it would go in the past with the old ball, that he would give up more homeruns?

Also, his whiff/K rate on sliders has dropped dramatically.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/edwin-diaz-621242?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

And -0.1 fWAR is not trash. It’s replacement level.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=14710&position=P

Trash would be this guy:

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7466&position=P
What's a stretch is that the different baseball is impacting him at a higher level than, oh, every other pitcher in baseball.

He now owns the single season major league record for home runs given up in the 9th inning. This isn't some blip, where his homers are slightly up.

He's trash.

He has one job. He's blowing that job at a historic rate.

Take him. Please. I'm begging you.

Last edited:
What's a stretch is that the different baseball is impacting him at a higher level than, oh, every other pitcher in baseball.

He now owns the single season major league record for home runs given up in the 9th inning. This isn't some blip, where his homers are slightly up.

He's trash.

He has one job. He's blowing that job at a historic rate.

Take him. Please. I'm begging you.

It is impacting the entirety of baseball though. Just ask Verlander, who is the most vocal opponent of the new ball (that I’ve seen a least). Highest HR/9 allowed as a league by over 10%, highest SLG allowed as a league.

I’m begging the Mets to sell him for pennies on the dollar. Doesn’t even need to be to us. Watch him go to the Dodgers and put up a 3 WAR season next year when the ball changes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom